cheese factory, schoolhouse and horses

errant_star

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkanderson.com
An abandoned old cheese factory I've always wanted to photograph but never made the time to stop to do it:
chees_factory_feb_11.sized.jpg

close up:
cheese_factory_b_feb_11.sized.jpg

slightly different perspective:
cheese_factory_a_feb_11.sized.jpg

cabling hung on the side of the building:
wires_feb_11.sized.jpg

an old schoolhouse:
old_schoolhouse_feb_11.sized.jpg

just some horses:
horses_feb_11.sized.jpg

I don't generally take pictures of architecture or buildings so this is kind of a first go at it ... all comment and crit welcomed!!!

Jen

They all look pretty good. The way the school hose isn't spot on is ruining it for me. That photo really stands out for me as having the potential to be the best of the bunch. I like the colours and the symmetry.

The glow around the gee-gees makes them look like ghosts. :)

The fourth and the sixth are my favs. And I think 2 works better than 3. I also like the way the gate in the first centers the eye movement. nice first attempt.

Thanks mygrain and ferny!

ferny said:
The way the school hose isn't spot on is ruining it for me. That photo really stands out for me as having the potential to be the best of the bunch. I like the colours and the symmetry.

Ferny ... what is about the schoolhouse that bugs you ... that I cut off the school-bell on the roof? I'm not offended or anything don't worry just looking for something constructive here I can work with ... a re-shoot is always possible!!

Jen

I think the horse picture is very striking with the black against the white background. It would have been nice if you could have gotten a little closer to the horses. Yep, I wish you wouldn't have cut the bell and steeple out of the school pic too. Overall, pretty good shootin'!

Jen,

I see you took advantage of the sun today. This morning was the only time I have used the camera since Sunday morning. I was looking out the window all day today at the sunshine and it vanished about an hour before I got out :( However, I did take a few images on the way into work. I really like the cheese factory images and the horse shot is excellent. Lets keep our fingers crossed for more sun.

Keep shooting,

Eric

Great work!!! My fav - #1 and 4.

Is this film / digital?

If those are your footprints in the first one you might have shot that first to keep the desolate feeling that one has intact.

I think what's bothering Ferny is the left post in the schoolhouse shot intruding into the window. It throws the symmetry off a bit.

Great shot of the horses. :)

AIRIC said:
Lets keep our fingers crossed for more sun.

Consider them crossed .. and thanks for the compliments Eric, Danalec and railman!!

This is digital Danalec.

Railman ... The school bell will definately be in the reshoot :mrgreen:

photobug said:
If those are your footprints in the first one you might have shot that first to keep the desolate feeling that one has intact.

Yep they are .. I didn't even realize what I was doing til i went to take the complete pic ... DOH
BangHead.gif

photobug said:
I think what's bothering Ferny is the left post in the schoolhouse shot intruding into the window. It throws the symmetry off a bit.

Ah ... I see that now ... definately throws it ... willl have to fix that next time!

great work Jen! those horses look awesome! the b&w treatment look very good on the split faced block and the framing of the church is well done; not much you could do with the post as it's not laid out square with the structure. i would have probably included the bell housing. keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back