Chico the Man

RainNotebook

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the love of my life... this is my dog. Isn't he cute?

I took this picture when he was hanging out with us on the porch. I'd like to get some reviews & suggestions if I got to do it again?

2506027700_3c7101a665.jpg

I do like the play of light and shadow here, mostly so on and through his one ear :D. Cute. Also the expression and stance of alertness he displays here is nicely captured.

You also include some "context", so we can see he was sitting on one of the rocking chairs, and we instantly see that this was taken outdoors. With all this additional information, however, I feel you might have wanted to show us ALL of your little dog, also his belly and paws and how he's sitting on that chair. The way this photo is composed, the entire left side is superfluous, does not contain any useful information. So this is half way between a close-up (portrait type) of your dog, and a photo of you entire dog in certain surroundings. And that leaves me with a feeling of unease.

I think it would help to get closer in (or crop the shot) and get more of a contrasting background so he stands out more. Use a shallow depth of field on him so the shot accentuates your cool little guy.

Good image. The next time you want to shoot the little guy, try to get a background that is less busy and more of a contrast.

Still a good image:wink:

Most reactions

Back