Child Portraits

FattyMcJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my daughter, whom I had to bribe with ice cream to get to model for me lol

Comments and Critique are always welcome!

1)
5066965744_a6b0539843_z.jpg

2)
5066964648_c10067e0ba_z.jpg

3)
5066961748_230603c3af_z.jpg

4)
5066352365_9a46e50d3d_z.jpg

5)
5066960318_e78d3ff0e1_z.jpg

^ I liked this pose, but I'm almost concerned it makes her look too "mature" for her actual age (9)...thoughts?

Thanks for clicking in and looking! :mrgreen:

The pose in #2 isn't working for me. You should have posed her so that her leg wasn't jutting out so far and got it in frame, or tried a different pose all together.

The pose in #2 isn't working for me. You should have posed her so that her leg wasn't jutting out so far and got it in frame, or tried a different pose all together.

Good call, it's a bit extreme. Thank you

None of the others did anything for you?

love the last 3 the last one looks okay as a mom I see nothing wrong with it I think it is simple and she looks so pretty.

Good call, it's a bit extreme. Thank you

None of the others did anything for you?

I like the variety in the photos, the first one's my favorite.

Here child portrait is really nice and she looks very pretty and I think you make a pest portrait and it looks a like photo you share with us,really nice and all are the best ,good job.

Thanks folks :thumbup:

Well done! My three favorites are coincidentally the three which you gave the old-time feel processing, but I really think they would have been my favorites anyway. I like the relaxed, introspective feel you captured in those three.

Number two is a fine keepsake snapshot of your daughter. It may not be as artistically polished as the others, but as a memento of a daughter at that age I like the expression and the pose. I don't know about cropping right at the knee like that (but without being on scene, or at least seeing a wider version of that image, I can't suggest a better crop). I personally like the leg sticking up so high - to me it clearly conveys that she is up in the crook of a tree, resting her leg on another large limb. If that leg were straight down she may as well have been on the ground, leaning against the tree. (Example: in number 4, I can't tell if she's up in the tree or not.)

Oh, and I don't think the last shot makes her look "too mature" by any means. Put her in a tube top, mini skirt, and high heels and that is too mature. Here I might use the phrase "wise beyond her years". Of course, they say babies are born knowing all the secrets to the universe, they just forget most of them before they learn how to talk to share them with us, so I like "wise" captures like this.

Interesting point of view Studio7Four, thank you for posting!

I love pic 1. How did you do it? I love the warm color and feel it has.

I love pic 1. How did you do it? I love the warm color and feel it has.

Thanks!

In LR, decreased saturation, increased vibrance, added vignette, upped the blacks and contrast a smidge. Nothing too major. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back