Childlike Wonder

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The big department store downtown recently unveiled its Christmas windows and I saw these two little ones admiring the display (same hastily taken pic, cropped differently).

img1270pcr1it8.jpg

img1270pcr2av5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

you know I look just like that every time I walk past a camera shop that has a hoofing great Canon L lens in the window, it's been known to take 7 people to prise me off the window.

Very good presence of mind to see that scene and be ready with the camera! I like the crop, it more focuses on the little girl's expression ... though it is also nice to get the context in the full-frame one with part of the exhibition to be seen.

you know I look just like that every time I walk past a camera shop that has a hoofing great Canon L lens in the window, it's been known to take 7 people to prise me off the window.
OMG, the mental picture I have of that is tooooo funny!! :lmao:

Very good presence of mind to see that scene and be ready with the camera! I like the crop, it more focuses on the little girl's expression ... though it is also nice to get the context in the full-frame one with part of the exhibition to be seen.
Thanks for your comment, Lafoto. I agree, and like the crop better because it got rid of some of the annoying reflections in the window. The displays are all animated, so it's fun to see the little kids react to them (there are about 5 windows I think). But there are usually a lot of people around, so I had just a second to get the shot of the little girl's reaction before someone moved in front of my lens. It will be crazy there today because it's the Santa Claus parade. Talk about excited kids!!

A nicely captured moment there JC. If I was to make a suggestion, it would be to get down a little lower (leave it alone Hertz!) so that you can see more of the display in the window, and see if you could up the ISO and hence the shutter speed so that excited hands don't go too blurry.

Thanks Chris. Will keep those suggestions in mind. Didn't have time for adjustments with this pic though...just saw the opening through the crowd, lifted the cam and clicked. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the reflections in the window (of traffic, and the crowd usually)? Would a polarizer have helped? Or are reflections just something one can't get around when shooting through windows like this one?

I think the expression on that little girl is pricless. You are very quick to have caught that!

I think #2 is great because that little girls expression really makes this shot!!!!

I use to love the Bay decorations when I was about that age. *rush of memories* Great moment you have here!

Wow, thanks everyone for your comments! You're very kind. :heart:

Most reactions

Back