Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Panasonic DMC-FZ70 Digital Camera DMC-FZ70K B&H Photo

16.1MP 1/2.3" BSI MOS Sensor
Lumix DC Vario 60x Optical Zoom Lens
Flash hot-shoe
$298
Basically, the same as this Canon but is $150 less.
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera 9543B001 B&H Photo Video

or

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 Digital Camera DSCH400/B B&H Photo

20.1MP 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD Sensor
63x Optical Zoom 24.5-1550mm Equiv.
$248
but no flash hot-shoe.
Much cheaper than:
Canon PowerShot SX540 HS Digital Camera 1067C001 B&H Photo Video

Or the cheapest Fuji:
Fujifilm FinePix S9900W Digital Camera (Black) 16452839 B&H

I was considering this DSLR, but want a bigger zoom; sensor size is not important right now.
Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 75-300mm Lenses

Sensor size does make a difference. However, you stated that it is not important right now. The SX60HS is by far the best of the Super Zooms in the 450 price range and compared to your post comparisons. The image quality is impressive, excellent viewfinder for a point and shoot, excellent on-board flash for interior shooting, will shoot raw in manual mode if that is important. Video is HD. LCD is big and articulating. The camera has it all for a point and shoot. They did cut the macro quality away from the SX50 but it still does an admirable job. The camera just loves to be shot in auto mode too. Not great in low light but that flash unit is very impressive compared to others I have seen. It does not blow things out or make colors look stupid with normal use. Outdoor photos in decent light, it shines.

Being a nice guy at church, I bought a refurb for a lady and she backed out on me so I have been running it through the mill. I found a great deal on Canon's website and she said do it.... I am not to happy but neither is the wife who told me to help the lady. Looks like it is my new travel camera.

Sample pic Auto mode, no post work other than a resize to post.

Male Card 40516.JPG

The Fujifilm Finepix S1 has a flash hot shoe and a 50X zoom.
Rudi

Most reactions

Back