What's new

Choosing umbrellas for small home studio.

I'm getting the feeling that somehow my posts are being misinterpreted,at least a little...I personally think the Photoflex RUT style umbrellas are an excellent choice, and worth every cent. I own them and have been very pleased with them. Maybe I am reading your post wrong, and am misinterpreting your search for a better SHOOT-THROUGH style umbrella???

I do agree, there is a reason to have separate shoot-through and reflecting umbrellas; they function quite differently in many places--and most especially in SMALLER, lower-ceilinged shooting areas.

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I was looking at the Photoflex because it did both shoot through and bounced with the black backing. Kill 2 birds with one stone type of thing.

But when you said "I honestly do not think they are a good choice to use as shoot-throughs however; the fabric is too thick,and too reflective, and it blasts a lot of light backwards," it made me question if I should instead get separate reflective (black) and white (shoot through) umbrellas. Perhaps a different brand for shoot through would be better.

That's all. I guess I got confused? :meh:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom