christmas came early fer me :D

CupCakeCommando

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
today around 3p.m. the lovely UPS man (i could just pinch his cheeks!) came to my door and dropped off a reeeaally big box. in it my dad had sent me a NIKON D90!! with a nikon 18-200mm, and tamaron28-80mm lenses!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED I CANT HARDLY THINK STRAIGHT! lol im dirt poor so this is a dream come true for me lol. i was not expecting this at all haha so you can probably imagine the look that stayed on face for a good 10 minutes:lol: any who the camera i was using was a nikon D100 soooo as soon as i started using the D90 i was blown away. especially with its low light capabilities. its amaaazing. i took it to church that night and the 18-200mm lens was a like a gift of the gods or something. had every focal length i needed covered in one lens! i didnt change once! took some hd video which was amazing. the jello effect was there but nothing creativity cant work around. the tamron lens feels cheap but produces great images, focuses fast, and is very light. soo uhhh pretty much this was the best Christmas ever haha. and i still be using my D100 as it is my first DSLR i ever had! i worked hard for that sucker too (painted houses). just thought i share the news!

_DSC0018.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg

_DSC0051.jpg

me yoyoing with my 18-200mm. it is still processing so it may look like crap. or maybe i just have the setting wrong :/. ill try and get ouside footage tomorrow :)

aaannnd another random test vid with my 50mm f1.8

watch

Last edited by a moderator:
Great and congrats now post up a few shots!!! I also wish my dad liked me that much!!!

I think he is buying me a 8 gb card for christmas!!! LOL

THat's such a nice surprise, i'm really glad you're happy :)

Aren't Dads the greatest! I love my D90. My Daddy didn't buy it though lol. He did get my old camera though. Enjoy and take plenty of pics.

Great and congrats now post up a few shots!!! I also wish my dad liked me that much!!!

I think he is buying me a 8 gb card for christmas!!! LOL

thanks guys! lol id be excited if i was getting 8 memory card even if i didnt get the d90 lol. my cards when south :meh: i think its because they were like an extreme off brand though haha. well they served their purpose!

Last edited:
Cool present...think your dad could hook me up too?

If you can ever get your photographic skills as hones as your yo-yo skills you'd make some mad money!

Haha, the UPS man was on a first name basis with my roommate and I. Especially around the holidays.

Congrats! That's an awesome Xmas present and I do hope you made sure your dad knows how you feel about him and it. We look forward to seeing all sorts of good work!

Haha and your name is great! Happy Shooting! We expect to see lots of stuff!

A Nikon? That could be child abuse. :)

Just kidding.

Seriously, Thats a great present that you will use for quite a long time. Have a Merry Christmas.

Mad yo-yo skills!!!
Good luck with your new camera!
What guitar is that on your bed? Strat with belt as a strap?

Most reactions

Back