Christmas Time is here

One of the most common things I see in beginners is they don't know what they don't know. There's a difference between knowing about the Exposure Triangle and knowing how to use it. Just like White Balance, if you understand the color of light temperature you'll know how to set your camera.

Why???? Do you know the purpose of a UV filter. Do you know when and how a polarizing is used?

Please explain.....did you maybe mean a fluorescent light?
First, I have no clue what a UV filter does 😶, and it's a screw-on lens cover, I guess? And I will look at the white exposure balance link you gave me. Thanks for giving me those links!

I like this shot! As I tell the barber, a little more off the top, please. ;) I like the additional space including the coffee table, because the edge produces a leading line that directs one to the tree. If you would like some "free" photo editing software, Flickr has a free option and includes a fairly decent set of photo editing tools, but you have to put up with some ads from time to time. You can upload up to 1000 pix, which is pretty generous. That is what I started with.
Oh that sounds pretty cool, the editing software, I think I will try it out.

I have finally brewed the final version using all the tips you gave me. I hope you like it!

52570499430_26de2bacfd_n.jpg

I don't know why it only popped up today.

Tip for next time.
When you shoot something like this, shot MANY pictures, at different exposures.
You may find you like a shot exposed different than what you originally thought.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back