Christmas Tree Lighting Photo: CC Please

infinitex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to improve the Shot(lighting), this was done hand held, could find the tripod attachment - The left are is out of focus on the little one. I also have some shot Portrait mode. Thought this one was cute because he looked back.

Thanks

Attachments

• $Jacobchristmastree-edit-2.jpg
    $Jacobchristmastree-edit-2.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 147
quick edit, applied S curve and vibrance....then played a bit.

$Jacobchristmastree-edit-25555.jpg

hmm, Maybe its time to calibrate my monitor - Just looking at this on my laptop and it looks totally different. Thanks for the suggestions

on my iMac 27 the edit looks Orange, but my Dell Laptop it looks ok - Pallycow is you monitor calibrated?

nope, acer laptop. I did warm it up a bit, but on my screen it's not orange.

I would have turned down the ambient (naturally or through shutter speed) and increased the off camera.. would have made for a darker room, with well-light subjects and nice glowing christmas lights.
I'd also lose the table.

I would have turned down the ambient (naturally or through shutter speed) and increased the off camera.. would have made for a darker room, with well-light subjects and nice glowing christmas lights.
I'd also lose the table.

Thanks for the suggestions - Not sure I understand "increased the off camera" - got everything else

I apologize that I have no critique to add.

I only wanted to say that these sorts of threads are helping me, as a new guy, tremendously.

I'd also lose the table.

Thanks for the suggestions - Not sure I understand "increased the off camera" - got everything else

Off camera = flash/reflector/etc.

If you dim the lights, take a photo of the tree - shoot at a shutter speed that results in a dark room with glowing Christmas lights (careful this isn't so slow that your subjects are blurred).
You will notice your subject (the kiddies) are completely in the dark.

Using a strobe in a softbox or shoot-thru umbrella to light your subjects appropriately will result in some nice depth :).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back