Church Wedding HDR

motojoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.anvilimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While recently shooting a wedding at St Domenic's Church in San Francisco, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab this hand-held HDR shot during the ceremony. I hadn't planned on shooting HDR for this event, but something caught my eye and I quickly set it up and snapped it. Read more about this image on my blog @ http://anvilimage.com/2010/07/19/ppgba-print-of-the-month-july-2010/ .

Playing to the Masses
939657870_nBPVa-800x800.jpg

-joe

Interesting shot, nicely done.

For a wedding shot, I would of loved a bit more emphasis on the bride and groom, but none the less, well done

Joe
What lens/camera did you use for this image?

What editing did you perform other than HDR?

I like the shot a lot, I would not mind seeing some more of the church images before any HDR was performed...if you do not mind.

@bigtwinky: I got many shots of the b&g, I actually wanted this one for myself <snicker>... :D

@pbelarge: The image was shot with a 5D MkII through a Sigma 15-30mm @ 15mm. I don't consider an HDR nearly done once it comes out of Photomatix, that's really just the beginning. The HDR gets loaded into PS as a layered file with the three original exposures and details are cleaned up by blending in parts of the original exposures one layer at a time starting with the darkest layer. Then the image is straightened, sharpened, global contrast is added, etc.

After that the image undergoes final adjustments in Lightroom 3, which is like my home base. Final color corrections, cropping and vignettes, etc.

940739166_EAqEx-X3.jpg

Thanks for your comments!

-joe

Joe
Thanks for the details...very enlightening.

@bigtwinky: I got many shots of the b&g, I actually wanted this one for myself <snicker>... :D

Then good on you! Get the shots you need, and a few extras, and then take a few moments to experiment and grow. :thumbup:

Nice shot. I love that you avoided the over baking that many users tend to go for. Just one question, why did you do it hand held?

Just one question, why did you do it hand held?

Not to answer for the OP, but when you are shooting a wedding, having a tripod with you as you are moving around the altar, the alley and so on is way too cumbersome and can be dangerous.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back