Pole fitness shoot. (might not be SFW)

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sdagfsdfsadfsdafsdf

Last edited:
I dunno...the light looks very yellow...the background is competing with her, since it is a very busy pattern of wallpaper...for me the white balance/hue is hard to get past...everything's just so yellow-tinged...I dunno...the shot's just not quite coming together for me...just my thoughts.

Needs some fill flash and the background is much too bright. Would have really liked to see eye contact in this shot too.

Lighting, background, pose, all could be substantially improved. Color is off, light not very flattering, nor is pose. Background is quite poor. Is that a hat under her hair? Why is it there? Does not look 'professional' to my eye.

Whole thing needs to be re-thought.

Last edited:
Lighting, background, pose, all could be substantially improved. Color is off, light not very flattering, nor is pose. Background is quite poor. Is that a hat under her hair? Why is it there? Does not look 'professional' to my eye.

The pose? i dont think you know anything about stripper poses?
this photo was kept because as per her, this was a perfect execution of the pose she wanted to show in that shot and this was the purpose of the photoshoot.

after reading a bunch of your post, i dont think i will ever take into consideration any of your constructive criticism because they are not.
dont bother commenting on my post because there is some people in here willing to help. okthxbye

Photographic posing is different, whether you want to hear it or not.

this photo was kept because as per her, this was a perfect execution of the pose she wanted to show in that shot and this was the purpose of the photoshoot.

after reading a bunch of your post, i dont think i will ever take into consideration any of your constructive criticism because they are not.
dont bother commenting on my post because there is some people in here willing to help. okthxbye

Photographic posing is different. Don't ask for criticism if you don't want to hear it. The problem with the pose is that it's difficult to light.

Photographic posing is different. Don't ask for criticism if you don't want to hear it. The problem with the pose is that it's difficult to light.

coming from you, i certainly dont want to hear it.

Well that's your loss. I certainly know more about photography than you do, so what could you possibly learn from me? Besides, others have made similar comments. Making negative comments about me won't make your photo any better.

Your ego will prevent you from learning. Learn to let go and accept qualified criticism.

One of the problems with the pose is the girl's left leg. It looks foreshortened and awkward, sort of "stump-like". It would be better to have her left leg straight, like the other one.

Last edited:
coming from you, i certainly dont want to hear it.

Well that's your loss. I certainly know more about photography than you do, so what could you possibly learn from me? Besides, others have made similar comments.

Your ego will prevent you from learning. Learn to let go and accept qualified criticism.

My ego? i think you are the one with an ego problem. i think your like one of those dude who know everything about stars and galaxy but never went to space.
reading other people works instaid of experiencing on your own doesnt make you as master.
i am really curious about seeing some of your work, went is the last time you used a strobe? or worked with a model? i know probably more stuff about photography than i can apply in the real world and this is normal. at least im trying. she me some of the incredible portrait work your did that makes you a master at portraiture and i might take into consideration your words.

Did you read and understand my comments? Look at her left leg. I added a comment about it. My comments were strictly about the photograph, not about you. Take note of that.

My ego? i think you are the one with an ego problem. i think your like one of those dude who know everything about stars and galaxy but never went to space.
reading other people works instaid of experiencing on your own doesnt make you as master.
i am really curious about seeing some of your work, went is the last time you used a strobe? or worked with a model? i know probably more stuff about photography than i can apply in the real world and this is normal. at least im trying. she me some of the incredible portrait work your did that makes you a master at portraiture and i might take into consideration your words.

Did you read and understand my comments? Look at her left leg. I added a comment about it.

:lmao:

Adding the funny face won't make the photo any better. Her left leg still looks like a stump.

Adding the funny face won't make the photo any better.

move on, her left leg is there because she wanted it to be there. people in the pole fitness industry will probably say "this pose was really well executed" and this is what we wanted.

Yes, but you asked photographers. We see things with a different, more sophisticated eye. Posing is not what you think it is. You have to take into consideration perspective and the fact that three-dimensional vision is different from a photograph.

move on, her left leg is there because she wanted it to be there. people in the pole fitness industry will probably say "this pose was really well executed" and this is what we wanted.

Yes, but you asked photographers. We see things with a different, more sophisticated eye. Posing is not what you think it is. You have to take into consideration perspective and the fact that three-dimensional vision is different from a photograph.

Since when you identify yourself as a photographer?

For the purposes of explaining things, to keep it simple, at your level of comprehension, I am saying that "people in the fitness industry" won't see these things, the things that photographers, photographic experts, and I see.

ABOUT THE PHOTO:

Not very constructive, but... I dunno... I dig it. :lol: I the sepia tinge doesn't bother me... the only thing that really bugs me is... what is that on the hat? Is that? ::looks harder:: is that a whip? ...that further makes my point that while I like the shot, it doesn't say *fitness* to me... it does, in fact, say stripper. :lol: If this is her idea of "not stripper" I'm afraid to see what she incorporates (or doesn't) when she IS going for a stripper look. :lmao:

Precisely.

ABOUT THE PHOTO:

Not very constructive, but... I dunno... I dig it. :lol: I the sepia tinge doesn't bother me... the only thing that really bugs me is... what is that on the hat? Is that? ::looks harder:: is that a whip? ...that further makes my point that while I like the shot, it doesn't say *fitness* to me... it does, in fact, say stripper. :lol: If this is her idea of "not stripper" I'm afraid to see what she incorporates (or doesn't) when she IS going for a stripper look. :lmao:

Precisely.

Not precisely... you're worried about the pose being photogenically wrong.

I'm not... I like the shot... I just think she looks like a stripper is all. :lol:

I meant I agreed with you (she looks like a stripper) even though I had not said it in so many words. I did mention the hat.

I didn't say anything about the *hat* bothering me... I just said the *whip* re-enforces the stripper feel. :greenpbl:

OK, agreed. I think they are both part of a typical stripper costume.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back