Cimetery at night

xaviersaintcyr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tooked this picture last night, by a church. Just starting to explore a bit more photographing at night.
$stpascalnuit-0383.JPG
And theres another one, but I find that the background blend too much with the tombs in front.
$stpascalnuit-0372.JPG

I love having night sessions in cemeteries. Theyre so peaceful and you have so much to work with. Yours don't look too bad, just could use a little fine tuning. Make them more focused; not only in the actual picture but on an object. The street lights take away a lot of the whole graveyard feel too. If its possible try some shots with only moonlight. Try some more head-on angles too, they can reveal more background sometimes

When I first got into photography, I went to a local cemetary and walked around. The head groundskeeper is actually my neighbor so he let me do whatever I wanted. I was so locked into getting the images as technically right as possible, that I didn't really think about it being a cemetary. Days after, as I was processing the photos, it hit me that it was really creepy; to me anyway. I felt really weird about it. Part of my problem, was that I think I was somehow disturbing those buried there. I kept the pictures for a time and they weren't bad actually for where I was at that point, but eventually I deleted them. I don't see myself doing that again.

As far as the images you've posted, the white balance seems off a little. The first looks kinda yellow/green and the comp is somewhat uninteresting. The second is off with the colors as well, but the comp is better. There is some distortion in the top of the photo since you were angled up but that can easily be fixed. The thing I've learned with that is that you have to get more than just what you want in the frame. When you fix the distortion, the photo is cropped.

Danny

Most reactions

Back