What's new

Circular Polarizing Filter

Dusty Miller

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
I checked B&H for a 72mm circular polarizing filter and found they range in price from under $50 to over $300. Heck, I can afford the $300 filter but what's SO GOOD about it that it warrants a $300 price tag. Is there a "sweet price point" where one gets the most filter for the buck?
 
I wanted to buy a car...and I found that prices ranged from $10,000 to $500,000. :er:

Like most things, sometimes the price is inflated because of the brand name...but there is usually a reason why a particular brand name can charge a premium.

There are certainly some tangible things that may add to the price of a filter. Coatings and such. Sometimes the cheap ones aren't machined all that well, and might be sticky to screw in or unscrew...but it's hard to tell that until you actually use it.

My personal approach to something like this, is to avoid the lower price range but I usually won't go for the most expensive either...unless I've got a good reason to spend the extra money.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom