Citizen Watch

Too many reflections, the watch is tilted, inadequate DOF, The towel as a base doesn't work, the background is distracting with unpleasant color, and I don't understand the wide framing with too much room on the sides and not enough on the top and bottom. I say this as a suggestion to reconsider the entire presentation. I appreciate your putting up something for critique!

Awesome critisism! Thank you! THIS is how we learn.

Right on, brother! You might try making a black card out of something around the house. Use it to block the light from hitting those parts that reflect directly at the camera. Something white underneath the watch will reflect light onto the dark shadow areas for more detail.

Right on, brother! You might try making a black card out of something around the house. Use it to block the light from hitting those parts that reflect directly at the camera. Something white underneath the watch will reflect light onto the dark shadow areas for more detail.
Ok let me look around and see what I can find. Thanks guys!

i like this one better.

the dof is still too shallow, the full face of the watch should be in focus. it looks like the watch face doesn't line up with the focal plane because part of the band is in focus at the bottom but the bottom of the face is out of focus.

the highlights at the top are a little harsh.

the lint on the background is distracting, but i like the black a lot more than the background in the first one.

I agree with what has already been said, good luck...

I will redo the shots this weekend. Thanks again for the help!!

I will redo the shots this weekend. Thanks again for the help!!

you're getting there. if you have focus peaking on your camera try using it to see what's in focus before you shoot. if you don't have focus peaking move the camera a little further away and crop in. or you could try focus stacking.

jonw440 Welcome to the CC section and great reaction to feedback.

You've managed to take what has been provided an learn. Well done.

I do like the presentation of the second image over the first.
The composition and placement are better in the way it is presented here. Remember if it is going to be presented in another manner, i.e. in an article that requires text to the right/left side of frame, please present that info as well as it can lessen erroneous advice (not that I'm implying any was given here).

I would like you to take the second image in post processing and remove/reduce all of the distracting reflections from the background.

If you have any issues please feel free to ask for any how to's. There are many amazing photographers here that have helped me in the past. I'm sure if it's over my head, someone will step in and aid you.

Keep it up. It's always excellent to watch someone's progress.

There's a lot of dust on that second one's background right enough.

Is this any better?

I changed the settings.

I can NOT upload a picture now matter what I try. Linking from Flickr,amazon pictures, gallery on this site and load file directly into this thread. I get the file to large message. The file is
8.1MB
4978 x 3318 size.
Any help?

Most reactions

Back