reading
2517898913_386ab71462.jpg

fruitstall.
2517895665_155ef00efa.jpg

news stand
2517890923_f1a91e4e60.jpg

Flower sale
2517887527_c435bb1ee4.jpg

These were all taken on my 350d using my sigma 24-70 f2.8 at f22 with 24mm for all shots 400 iso.

Okay it's gloves off time. Critique is welcome and doesn't have to be nice. Constructive would be cool though.I'm learning a lot on this site and want that to keep going.

Hi Tim, firstly let me start by saying shooting street can always be difficult especially in our city, the odd person might shout at you which you certainly dont want. So here is some feedback.

#1 Just looks like you put the camera up and fired off a quick one. The main point of focus is the girl in yellow who stands out the most, but she is walking out of the shot. With a lot of street, you need to zoom in as its about facial or body expression, when there is too much going on in a shot, its hard to see the point of it.

#2 The old lady with the very old pram, she is your main focus point, but an old dear like that, if you go up and ask to take her photo she will say yes, just make sure you buy some fruit from her then as a thank you.

#3 I think I know what your doing here, but its hard with so many people walking past. I slow shutter speed to blur out some of the people and show motion would have worked well.

#4 Nice gesture, it could have done with some better composition.

As I said, shooting street is hard, hell, I am still learning and I have been photographing for for 14 years!

yup i can also say that shooting in the street is difficult!.. seems you got pretty close being at 24mm so thumbs up for that.

I'm actually just back from Glasgow shooting with my little FED. Sometimes i'm in the zone and can get close, make it obvious i'm taking a pic and get 3 or 4 different scenes within a minute or two. Other times i'm out the zone and get nothing at all!.

Thank Rene, It is hard and you get a fair few odd looks and I was indeed told not to point that "thing" at someone. Thanks for the feedback it. I'll be going out again soon and will post how i get on.

K_pugh Getting close was a bit scary to begin with. It really does swing both ways. Some people are really positive and others not so much. Last time i was out I used my 70-200 so i was using my 24-70 at 24mm to make sure i got nice and close.

Hey Tim, maybe in a few weeks time we can meet up and take some street shots, learn from each other and also it will distract people, two photographers!!!!!

Too much space above the humans (top half) where the object here is human. Shoot normally (in wide format) where the human activity shown with their natural expression as the main theme. Or otherwise you may have to crop them a little.

Btw they are good, the 2nd and the 4th are best.

Most reactions

Back