Cityscape HDR...

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not good at landscapes, and I have not done much with HDR.

Like to hear your thoughts.

4641258280_00d6b5754c_o.jpg

Hm.. I like the sky, but the buildings don't seem right to me. I can't put my thumb on it, but I like it over-all. :thumbup:

I like the sky too. Would framing the tallest building slightly to the right create more balance? Also frame it a little lower (to capture less of the bush)?

Nice shot. I'm probably wrong but, it seems like everything is leaning to the right.

HDR wise it looks good. Most are WAY over done and rarly look right imho. I think you used it for what its was meant for!

Eh. It looks soft/out of focus mostly, there's too much bland sky and too much foreground bush, the whole thing looks like it has a yellow cast.

Not your best work.

I would like to see more foreground and less sky. Maybe if the sky had a nice sunset but it just seems like alot of blue to me.

Bitter it looks soft to me, almost out of focus. Look at the windows in the buildings. I think the process itself introduced this defect. In fact there is a critical alignment process in the HDR process to overcome this.

I bet the individual brackets look sharp.

Maybe if the sky had a nice sunset but it just seems like alot of blue to me.

Now that would be something to take a picture of... The sun setting in the north!

Not my favorite of yours bitter. But then again I'm not much for daytime city shots. NOW, if it were a shot of Pittsburgh I bet it would look nice... but then again I might be a little bit biased.

You want to hear our thoughts about what?

The image or the HDR or what?

The HDR doesn't seem to work since some of the building parts facing towards the light are pretty hot. Too hot for an HDR.

But that is only a small problem. The image is boring. To me anyway. Most cityscapes/skyscapes bore me to tear. Sorry.

Looks like you shot this during a bright afternoon. How did you bracket the shots? The lighting looks harsh.

I appreciate your candor, he who walks in clouds.
I'm not big on landscapes myself, just giving it a go.

Pierre, it was taken at the same time as the statues. You know, in that beautiful golden light. :p I bracketed 3 shots, 2 stops. The images are sharper on their own. Bah! I'll go back shooting in my comfort zone.

Thanks for all the input, everybody.

The statues were great shots, I am surprised the lighting looks so different. Were these shots taken before the statues? The evening light changes very quickly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back