Cityscapes questions

Sirene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you use a flash for shooting in the street (not people)

Do you use One shot AF for cityscapes ?
What do you guys think about A-Dep on Canon, is it good for cityscapes ?

Do you look at your liveviewfinder when shooting with a tripod ?

Would you change lenses in the street or would wait until you’re indoors?

Thanks guys :)

i've only done the city walk around thing once so far, and enjoyed myself and look forward to going out again here soon.

did not use the flash - it was 4pm and overcast (though really bright at the same time). even night time i think shots would turn out better sitting on a tripod and using a long exposure to capture all the pretty lights and such versus using a flash then too.

i used one shot af since buildings dont move (at least...you hope they wont) :). i dont really play with a-dep. i just stuck it in av (aperture priority) and chose what i wanted my dof to be with the aperture.

most of the time when im using my tripod im shooting something on a table setup i have. i'll use the live view and magnification to get the absolute best, and sharpest image i can. those times where i havent (like pet portraits) i plop the camera on the tripod, but use the viewfinder as normal.

when i was out in the city i changed lenses quite a few times. swapped back and forth between the wide angle and the telephoto depending on what i wanted to shoot. for buildings i did 17-50mm. i used the telephoto for (sneakingly) capturing people and birds on the buildings and such. :)

Thanks a lot Chammer, great tips !
If anyone else has imput about shooting cityscapes please tell us.

And guys on what do you focus on when shooting cityscapes ?
Do you choose a specific af point ?
Do you really see a big difference when choosing a specific af point ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back