Photos NOT OK to edit
400-c2237w.jpg

Ambient light demo
near object, 3 ft from lens
far object, 30 miles

composition, upper third, centered
eroded mud-fan, streak of light, foreground interest
slight color curve bottom right light to left dark to right to formation

:) How would you approach something like that?

f13 15 seconds. Took me a bit to get back to look up the exif for you.

A nicely minimalist landscape with a good combination of colours. I like it.

Regards, Tony

What is the vertical in the middle ground?

skieur

When you said that formation was thirty miles away I had to look at it again. That is trippy... I would think that the little rock formation was about 10ft in diameter and was somewhere between 10ft and 50ft away from you depending on the lens you where using. Nice I like this.

Stunning shot.

Thank you-

Good color and angle.

Thanks.

What is the vertical in the middle ground?

skieur

I'm not sure of what you mean- the formation?- If so, that's the remains of an underwater spring gone dry (about 18,000 years ago). --See below.

When you said that formation was thirty miles away I had to look at it again. That is trippy... I would think that the little rock formation was about 10ft in diameter and was somewhere between 10ft and 50ft away from you depending on the lens you where using. Nice I like this.

I think I messed up-

The dried, eroded mud near the camera is about 3 feet from the lens.

The furthest object (mountain range) is 30 miles. BTW, the mountain range furthest out is the Panamint Range in Death Valley National Park. The next closer in range is the Slate Mountains. The reddish formation in the upper-middle is a tufa formation, about 160 feet tall (can't remember for positive w/o looking it up), about 3/4 mile away.

Between the mud hump and the Cathedral (I think is the 'official' name) there is a valley with the tops of shorter spires sticking up.

As vaguely mentioned- I tried to pull a curve with a subtle change in color/light from the bottom right over to the left and curving right to the formation. Looks better in photoshop, but just doesn't seem to stand out a bit on the web.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Most reactions

Back