Class assignment

ZacKrohn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
oporange.craized.net
Well I just got done taking a 2 day class titled Photography II (already took I). One of the assignments we had was to lock ourselves in the bathroom for 20 minutes and take pictures of all the stuff in there. I decided to use this Black and White Kodak film (the name fails me right now) that is developed in the color process :)( I haven’t learned to develop my own film yet so until then I must depend on my local drugstore). Anyway here’s one of my favorites
Faucet.gif
Please be kind I'm still a noob :D

-Zac

cool! I like your really short depth of field, and I always love shiny things, so this is a winner. I might have set the faucet head a little down and to the left, but that's why you're the one taking the picture.

The theme that was given to you is interesting! "Lock yourselves into the bathroom and take photos of anything..." that is an idea!
And your way of "solving the problem" is really good.

Aren't those films, or rather the way in which they are processed, called C-14 - or am I way off and into paleonthology here?

I'm wondering: has your mom had an advantage out of your being in the bathroom in so far as you cleaned it to absolute shininess before you set out taking these photos? (Provided you're still so young you don't live on your own). Or else: did YOUR household have this advantage of the (photographic) task given? ;)

Um, am I the only one imagining some hungover photo teacher in a haze of morning after smoke sort of vaugely mumbling, "yeah, your assignment today is..um.. go lock yourself in the bathroom and take some pictures."

A very nice faucet though. Try seeing if you can get a picture of a clear reflection of someone's face in the top of the faucet. It's fun.

Mike

"I'm wondering: has your mom had an advantage out of your being in the bathroom in so far as you cleaned it to absolute shininess before you set out taking these photos? (Provided you're still so young you don't live on your own). Or else: did YOUR household have this advantage of the (photographic) task given?"

For some reason it appeared to be kind of shiny...but don’t be fooled it’s fairly grungy. Look at the head around the ring and the base. The assignment wasn’t quite as perverted as it sounds. I mean we went supposed to get naked or anything...but interesting none the less. This was the first time I used unnatural light. I used one of those lamps where if you squeeze then end you can attach it to things...attached to a tripod. I had a lot of fun with the lighting.

Edit: To see some more from this set please check out the photo/ black and white section of my webpage (link below)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back