Class ring

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off- I do not photograph jewelry by any means. My daughter went for a nap so I had nothing to do. Set up a few sheets of paper ( yes they are slightly bluish in tint in real life), folded them up and put two flashes on the outside. This is the first piece of jewelry that I ever took a photo of. Just trying out the tamron 90 macro. I have no genuine interest in photographing jewelry technique is technique so CC welcomed. I realize now...I should have cleaned it up first lol.

$SRW_5862.jpg

Last edited:
Good job.

A camera has a way of capturing crud and dust that is invisible to most humans.

Good job. A camera has a way of capturing crud and dust that is invisible to most humans.

Thank you and you're not lying

I took the photos and thought "man this ring looks like it's been beat to hell lol. "

This is pretty good, especially for your first attempt. Two things:

The "pose" could be improved upon, perhaps by using one of those "ring dummies" (cylinder of something)

The lighting is not mainly lighting the top, but rather the side of the ring.

This is pretty good, especially for your first attempt. Two things: The "pose" could be improved upon, perhaps by using one of those "ring dummies" (cylinder of something) The lighting is not mainly lighting the top, but rather the side of the ring.
I can see lighting It from the top. I don't quite follow the ring dummie and posing but I did see some poses online so I got some ideas. I did light it from the side. I set it up fast. I didn't take a pull back shot but I set up 5 sheets of paper. One on the bottom, one on each side 90 degrees and two up front at around 45 degrees. Fired a flash on both sides and used the paper to bounce some around some light. I think next time I'll try a soft box right over the top.

I like this one more since you can see the cut of the stone. Still same boring pose but lit from the top and side. $image-4210886602.jpg

If anyone has an issue viewing this- let me know and I'll post it from the PC.

Most reactions

Back