Cleaning background

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure this is the right place for this but here goes. I have a 10x20 white, polyester blend background that has some soiling in the place subjects usually stand. I thought about washing, but my concern is that it will create a mess of wrinkles. Ironing it I'm afraid will cause a sheen on the fabric. I have a small steamer, but that would take forever.

Any suggestion for cleaning?

Only thing I can think of is maybe roll up the clean part and spot wash the soiled areas by hand; drying it with a hair dryer or (very carefully) with a heat gun to avoid wrinkles.
I'm actually leaning toward this route, the place isn't all that big, and I can leave it hanging from it's overhead roller to dy.

Not sure this is the right place for this but here goes. I have a 10x20 white, polyester blend background that has some soiling in the place subjects usually stand. I thought about washing, but my concern is that it will create a mess of wrinkles. Ironing it I'm afraid will cause a sheen on the fabric. I have a small steamer, but that would take forever.

Any suggestion for cleaning?
My moms background is as a seamstress. She is regarded as very good and she is also very knowledgeable about materials and what to do and not do. Any time I go shopping with my mom if I see some clothes I like shes like hold on let me see what it's made from and then she tells me how I will have to wash it based on the material or blend....... I will ask her about this in the morning as she might have a idea as to do's and don'ts ......I am sure she does.......If not I will post either way to let you know.

I like the idea of spot cleaning the bad places, then (maybe) do a dry-cleaning kit - bag and pouch that goes in the dryer for the overall fabric.

Most reactions

Back