Cleaning kit?

stittly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am going to order a camera bag soon (Domke F-5XB) and I also want to buy a sensor cleaning kit. I'd like to order it from Amazon, as that is where I am going to buy my bag from, but it is no big deal if I have to order it somewhere else. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to buy? Thanks in advance!

I use the Copper Hill kit. I like it a lot, it's the only one I've used though, so I can't say if it's better than other ones or not. Seems like a pretty popular choice though.

When I first got started with DSLRs I was paranoid about sensor grit and dust issues. But after over 17,000 shot not once have I had to do anything other than use one of those little rocket blower bulbs. I live in a dusty house too. Even when there is dust on the sensor, usually you can only see it at f/8 and smaller apertures, and even then only if it's against a flat background like the sky. And that kind of dust is the most ridiculously easy kind of stuff to clone out in post-processing, so it's been a complete non-issue for me.

If you need a cleaning kit, just buy one, but otherwise I wouldn't bother with one. I'd at least get a little rocket blower thing though. If I ever really needed a sensor cleaning, I'd just send my camera back to Nikon for a general servicing (clean sensor, re-map out some hot pixels, etc) and then not worry about messing up my sensor or anything else on the camera.

Just my $0.02.

Most reactions

Back