Cleaning older Canon lenses.

crazy_dragonlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to be doing a search on the forums for my question but I'm gonna ask it anyways. If I find the answer before anyone replies I'll erase this post... if that's alright.

I have had my lenses for well over 10 years and after that length of time and the simple fact that they aren't "dust proof" like the more expensive lenses you can buy now I have noticed small specks of dust getting into the interior of the lens. I know I have to take it somewhere to clean it as there is NO WAY I'd attempt it myself... so where do you guys suggest I take it? Any recommendations from you guys would help me out a lot!

NOTE: the dust particles aren't showing up on any of my photos yet but I still want to know the best place to take them anyways.

TIA
ttfn
CDL.

In the equipment section, there should be a list of camera repair places that people have submitted.

You could always send them to a Canon repair center. That's probably the best place to send them.

Really, I wouldn't bother...unless there was a lot of dust and it was affecting the image quality. Even some new & expensive lenses can tend to get dust in them, it typically doesn't show up in your images...just gets on your nerves when you examine your lenses.

Thanks for your reply Mike. I wasn't too worried about it but I don't want it to get to the point where it does start to affect image quality. I mean they're not the best lenses but I still like to take care of my equipment. :D

ttfn
CDL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back