Cleaning the Autofocus screen

rjackjames

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For some reason I having dust spots on my focus screen. Its annoying every time I look through my viewfinder. I bee trying too clean it visit my visible dust products. I am not sure if I am making worst or not. I need too some advice on how too clean it?

It's not the AF screen and has nothing to do with AF functionality. That is done though the mirror by the AF unit in the bottom of the camera body.

The ground glass focusing screen which you're talking about can be removed from cameras for cleaning purposes, however that doesn't necessarily mean that that is where the dust is. I see specs in my viewfinder although my focusing screen is spotless, these are somewhere either on the pentaprism or further up in the viewfinder mechanism. Realistically if you dismantle the camera looking for these specs the chances of something going wrong (such as scratching the focusing screen when releasing the retention spring with a screwdriver) are far greater than the potential gain (one less spec in the viewfinder which doesn't affect the camera's resulting images anyway.

I just use my bower/brush and blow off the focus screeen and mirror the next time I change lenses.

If your camera uses pentamirrors instead of a pentaprism the dust could be difficult to get out.

The main point is. It won't effect your images, since the mirror is up so the image sensor can be exposed.

Most reactions

Back