• Be boring and clear your debt.

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
Right, this is playing on my poor brain.

Thanks to a savings account and a tax rebate I can now afford a DSLR (D70s) with lots of accessories if bought from the net which i have every intention of doing. I have just over £1000 (think that's around $1800) to "play with" and I could do the aforementioned or clear my student debt and still have cash for a general spending spree but probably just have enough for a body.

What do I do!?

I personally hate being in debt. I don't like being in anyones pocket. I always pay for my things striaght up, or I pay the loan off before purchasing anything new.

I suppose it depends on lots of other factors, I'm not your accountant so I don't know your financial standing, but what happens with me is that I get the thing that I want, I have fun with it for a week, then the realazation that I have overextended myself sets in and I get all panicy and nervous and I just barely scrape thourhg that month and I hate feeling that way.

sorry... i agree that you should clear your debt first...just think, when the debts gone you'll have extra money every month (that would have gone to payments) that you can save - then pay cash for the d70s which will be lower in price by then.and you would have accomplished both!!!

good luck....

SWFLA1 said:
you should clear your debt first...just think, when the debts gone you'll have extra money every month (that would have gone to payments) that you can save

Exactly... I struggle with this same thing all the time, but the best thing to do is pay off your debt.

Sounds like we're a unanimously boring group.... :mrgreen:

I wouldn't even be able to enjoy a goodie if I knew that debt was still weighing over me. Get rid of it!

You'll get that cam soon enough, and then you'll know you did the right thing. :thumbup:

:(

Once i get a job I can pay the debt off. I'm not quite at the stage where the bailiffs will be visiting me but i have enough to live off! hmmm, think of it this way though, with a few plans up my sleeve the camera could make me money?
oh and to clarify, if i get the camera i won't be in more debt, just the same as i am now

hell buy the camera and send the student loan bill to Chase; he supports one charity case a month......look at hertz and i :lol:

Sorry my friend, I know what it is like to want something really bad , but I also know what it is like when the bailif comes knocking. The come quickly and they don't play around .

Clear the debt. !!! Never know what the future may hold.

Please , please be responsible , clear teh debt!

agree. Clear the debt. I'm in sort of a similar situation. I bought a house last August and have been sending in extra principal payments to pay this loan off as quick as possible. I am determined to pay it off in atleast 15 years instead of 30, but am going to budget to try to pay it off in 7. On the other hand, I would REALLY like to get a Pentax IST D, but I know, like everything else, the prices will drop if you wait a while. Consider selling something you don't need to pay for it. For instance, I am going to try and sell my Sig 226 at the next gun show to pay for the camera.

"never a lender or borrower be".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back