TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_94803_tn.jpg

IMG_94852_tn.jpg

IMG_94833_tn.jpg

IMG_94842_tn.jpg

Lighting is way too harsh, midday really is not the best time for landscapes. Try morning or evening, the so called golden hours or even the blue hour for lake shots like this. I reckon these would be nice with some crisp morning light. The last two have distracting blown highlights.

The second is my fabourite. Nice and simple, good blue tones and highlights under control. Nice comp, not too tight. In the first, the bridge needs some breathing room at the top. The second has a strong composition, best out of the lot.

On a side note I think the border is way too thick and distracting, but I can't take borders into accounts when judging shots ;)

I really like the 2nd one. Its calming and I like the open space.

Thank you.
Those are brightened too much becaue back then I didn't have the monitor adjusted correctly.
I like morning and evening too. I love those rich colors.

I also like the bright daylight where I can take the shot directly looking at sun.
Time to time, the light reflects off the objects here and there creating some cool effects.
Not in these photos though. :lol:

I agree that magic hour would be perfect for the river shots. Not only would it create a better reflection for the riverside foliage the colour of the water would appear darker almost ink like. A circular polarizing filter in my opinion is a must for a bright time of day but can also work well during the ideal times, not sure if you had used one for these.

I agree the magic hour would create a beautiful picture but wouldn't have created the strong contrast the last two photos have.

Sadly any great contrast in the last two photos is lost because the blown highlights and overexposure. Take the tree leaves against the sky, they have turned blue and detail last in the photos as a result or maybe is it just my monitor.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The darkness and the brightness. :D

I appreciated your comments. It would help me take better pictures. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back