Client relationships

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is why I never do work off of craigslist, and why nobody should:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY[/ame]

I do that kinda crap to my vendors constantly. The problem is that it kinda works most of the time. I have saved nearly $1M a year in my budget doing this... close to 14%. I know, it's horrible.

I am a heck of a lot nicer than that, though... and I only do it when I can genuinely get something just as good (or acceptably good) as what I have from one vendor for less money from another vendor. (like when I was moving from Akamai to another content accelerator)

I know there'll probably be a reckoning someday when I get it from one of my customers. :lol: I'm betting it won't be for $1M a year, though. :)

haha I like the way the waiter said: "uh sir, this is not a taco stand" xD

Ya, I love it when people pull that sh%t on me, my price instantly triples and doubles for every stupid comment out of their mouth until they get hell out of my studio or away from me where ever we are.

People like that deserve to go bankrupt and live in a f$%kin' box under a bridge and eat dead slugs from the bottom of old coffee cups.

Ya, I love it when people pull that sh%t on me, my price instantly triples and doubles for every stupid comment out of their mouth until they get hell out of my studio or away from me where ever we are.

People like that deserve to go bankrupt and live in a f$%kin' box under a bridge and eat dead slugs from the bottom of old coffee cups.

:lol: bitter much?

I think the approach in response to this should be very much what one of my vendors did. "Well, sorry sir but those are our prices. By all means, we would hope you would see the value there, but if you genuinely feel more comfortable paying less for a lesser product that's fine with us as well. We hope you understand we aren't able to discount our prices any further." and then just sit there and say nothing.

If you're comfortable in your pricing, then you have absolutely nothing to get all bristly over. Life is all about negotiations.

Most reactions

Back