close up and macro

When I display images on the PC screen,this is what I see when viewing the information panel
Sony DSC -H9 15mm f/8 1 sec ISO 80 EXP 0
What does the 15mm and the EXP 0 mean?

Your 2nd image looks good to me, even at 200%. The only thing I see is some Chromatic Aberration (CA), which can be fixed in post. 15mm refers to the actual focal length. I'm not sure about EXP 0, but guessing it means exposure compensation was set to 0, or no compensation, or exposure number 0, if it was the first shot on that memory card.

Your 2nd image looks good to me, even at 200%. The only thing I see is some Chromatic Aberration (CA), which can be fixed in post. 15mm refers to the actual focal length. I'm not sure about EXP 0, but guessing it means exposure compensation was set to 0, or no compensation, or exposure number 0, if it was the first shot on that memory card.
Thanks for the focal length explanation.

Also,
Take a look at this image. when viewing this image on the photo program,
this is what is listed under the devise info.
Exposure is f/8. 3/5 sec shutter speed. ISO 80.
Most images are listed with whole numbers, some are listed with fractions like 1.6, or 2.5 as shutter speed.
What puzzles me is the 3/5 sec shutter speed. I have some that are 5/2 sec shutter speed.
But,the camera screen doesn't list 3/5 or 5/2. The camera screen shows shutter speed in whole numbers,or fractions with decimal points.
I usually use 1, 2, or 3 full seconds. Sometimes I will use fractional shutter speed that is displayed with a decimal point,not a /. SOO, my question is why does the photo show the shutter speed with a / ?

Attachments

• DSC01624.JPG
    DSC01624.JPG
    875.4 KB · Views: 17
Even a modest camera upgrade will improve things pretty dramatically.

Most reactions

Back