JimMcClain
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- May 25, 2014
- Messages
- 616
- Reaction score
- 420
- Location
- Feather River Country
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right forum for these, but I couldn't find one specific to this type of picture style. I like shooting things close up - not macro, but just up close to something I think has an interesting detail, texture or range of colors. These have some of that and I hope you will give me some feedback that will help me improve on this type of photography. In chronological order, I give you...
The streets of San Francisco. I lived near here in the early 80s and decided to take a B&W course at a community college in San Mateo. This was one of the assignments, shot on 35mm film and developed & printed in class. I scanned the print and processed it in PaintShop Pro.
There's a scenic drive (heck, just about every road here is scenic) through Feather River Country and there was this tractor parked along the road that some people complained was ruining the view. I always liked it, so before they had it removed, I thought I better get a picture of it. This was my favorite of dozens I took one day in 2003 with a really crappy Olympus p&s.
I posted a shot of a field in a previous thread today, in the landscape forum. As I got to the shooting location, I noticed this great fence. I love fences. I pushed the color some, but this is what I saw when I saw it in my mind in 2006.
The streets of San Francisco. I lived near here in the early 80s and decided to take a B&W course at a community college in San Mateo. This was one of the assignments, shot on 35mm film and developed & printed in class. I scanned the print and processed it in PaintShop Pro.
There's a scenic drive (heck, just about every road here is scenic) through Feather River Country and there was this tractor parked along the road that some people complained was ruining the view. I always liked it, so before they had it removed, I thought I better get a picture of it. This was my favorite of dozens I took one day in 2003 with a really crappy Olympus p&s.
I posted a shot of a field in a previous thread today, in the landscape forum. As I got to the shooting location, I noticed this great fence. I love fences. I pushed the color some, but this is what I saw when I saw it in my mind in 2006.
