What's new

Clothes Pin

Interesting and different. I like it. It might have been a tad better if the pin weren't centered, but I still like it.
 
It looks like you hit it with a flash from camera right? Not sure I am in love with that, but it DOES add to the slightly off kilter other-worldly effect. Without it this would be a nice piece of stock photography, a kind of "banal slice of life" art photo, a little visual metaphor for, I don't know, suburbia or home life or I dunno what. With the flash it becomes much more strange, to my eye.

Strange isn't a bad thing, it's just a thing, and I honestly don't know how I feel about it here. Could be plus, could be minus. If I think it over and get somewhere, I'll reply again!
 
What and interesting and unique idea. I have to say, i may give this a go myself
 
Pretty epic for a clothes peg!
 
Thanks all.
 
...it DOES add to the slightly off kilter other-worldly effect. Without it this would be a nice piece of stock photography, a kind of "banal slice of life" art photo, a little visual metaphor for, I don't know, suburbia or home life or I dunno what. With the flash it becomes much more strange, to my eye.

I agree with this. When I first saw the photo I found it unsettling - in a good way! I don't know if you went for this but it is quite eerie. Maybe I'm about to see a tornado or maybe a missile in the distance. Whatever, but I like it!
 
I'm gonna put it all on the line, and say that "I like it!". Now, please don't try and pin me down on why I like it. There's a fine line between kitsch and art, and this seems to blur that line. You've clouded the issue for me, but again, I like this picture.
 
I'm gonna put it all on the line, and say that "I like it!". Now, please don't try and pin me down on why I like it. There's a fine line between kitsch and art, and this seems to blur that line. You've clouded the issue for me, but again, I like this picture.

Wow, the puns are running rampant on the forum today! :)
 
I like this - quite a bit actually. But I think that the thing that makes it interesting is also what eventually hurts it - the flash.
It's a tough call. The overly hot flash adds to the banal atmosphere, but it also eventually detracts I think.
In the sense that it makes me think about it more that I should, the flash is a problem.
It keeps this from being quite excellent.
It's still pretty darn good though.
 
I like this - quite a bit actually. But I think that the thing that makes it interesting is also what eventually hurts it - the flash.
It's a tough call. The overly hot flash adds to the banal atmosphere, but it also eventually detracts I think.
In the sense that it makes me think about it more that I should, the flash is a problem.
It keeps this from being quite excellent.
It's still pretty darn good though.

I thought the elevation of the banal, and the slightly clumsy flash use, is what MADE the picture so good. And no, I am not kidding.
 
I like this - quite a bit actually. But I think that the thing that makes it interesting is also what eventually hurts it - the flash.
It's a tough call. The overly hot flash adds to the banal atmosphere, but it also eventually detracts I think.
In the sense that it makes me think about it more that I should, the flash is a problem.
It keeps this from being quite excellent.
It's still pretty darn good though.

I thought the elevation of the banal, and the slightly clumsy flash use, is what MADE the picture so good. And no, I am not kidding.

I don't disagree. That's why I said it was a tough call.
If this were in a collection of similar photos - no question. On it's own, the minor crap carries more significance.
 
Thanks all for your comments.
 
I agree with Derrel. The flash added drama (to both the photo and this thread, apparently). It's good for sure.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom