Ready for some harsh C&C. Anyone?

Portrait

ValleywestofKatzrin-overlookingtheGalil-smaller.jpg

Landscape

ValleyoverlookingtheGalil-Wintermorning.jpg

And a Rainbow shot

RainbowovertheGalilwithHatzorinbackground.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried thousands of times to capture the feeling of sights like these.

They come out ... boring. I've decided that it is impossible to capture some places' feeling.

Or else I just don't know how.

They come out ... boring. I've decided that it is impossible to capture some places' feeling.

Thank you.
The reality is that I was very lucky this morning to capture such a nice shot, AND I played with the photo to add contrast which helped quite a bit.

And you shot it or cropped it vertical for what reason?

I love saturation and vibrance :) I think it could use some tweaking in those areas or this couldve been a neat HDR shot :)

And you shot it or cropped it vertical for what reason?
Shot it portrait and landscape, and I liked this one better. Gives the sun and shadow over the land a real chance to play, and the clouds give a sense on strength and majesty.
Posted the landscape shot in op as edit, nice, but I liked the portrait better.

Now that's better. To each his/her own for sure. It's all subjective, and nothing wrong with vert landscapes (I do them all the time), but I think in this case the horz works better. While I see what you were going for, I don't think there is enough leading you into the image for vert. Again, to each his/her own.

HDR? good grief.....no... Do not ruin this image

Wow what a beautiful place! I do prefer the first image, I think the portrait orientation gives a nice sense of depth. Also love the last, who wouldn't love a rainbow shot!

Check these out.

Done with HDR. I don't know how to do HDR, but the untreated versions are not too shabby either.

Testing New lens - PentaxForums.com

Now that's better. To each his/her own for sure. It's all subjective, and nothing wrong with vert landscapes (I do them all the time), but I think in this case the horz works better. While I see what you were going for, I don't think there is enough leading you into the image for vert. Again, to each his/her own.

HDR? good grief.....no... Do not ruin this image

Thanks Joey,

In the portrait, you get a sense of depth from the mottled shade and sun dappled over the foreground, which then leads into the strength of the clouds, which I feel is lacking in the landscape.

I love saturation and vibrance :) I think it could use some tweaking in those areas or this couldve been a neat HDR shot :)

Thanks. Tweak away, I'd love to see it

Hey there Tight Knot! So I gave it a whirl I hope you like them :) Like I said I like vibrance, contrast and saturation. I just ran them thru lightroom3 and with one of the presets tone curve- medium contrast then increased the vibrance in all of them some more than others and a bit of saturation :)

Photo 1

Beckys edit3 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
I couldn't really come up with a crop that I liked but I feel like there is way too much cloud in this one :)

Photo 2

Beckys edit2 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
I cropped it too b/c there was just way too much clouds up top it looked weird with the edit I did :)

Photo 3

Beckys edit1-2 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr

Wow what a beautiful place! I do prefer the first image, I think the portrait orientation gives a nice sense of depth. Also love the last, who wouldn't love a rainbow shot!
Thanks Paige, unfortunately the rainbow was so short, you really don't get the full impact of a nice large rainbow, but I also love this shot.

Thanks. Tweak away, I'd love to see it

Hey there Tight Knot! So I gave it a whirl I hope you like them :) Like I said I like vibrance, contrast and saturation. I just ran them thru lightroom3 and with one of the presets tone curve- medium contrast then increased the vibrance in all of them some more than others and a bit of saturation :)

Photo 1

Beckys edit3 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
I couldn't really come up with a crop that I liked but I feel like there is way too much cloud in this one :)

Photo 2

Beckys edit2 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
I cropped it too b/c there was just way too much clouds up top it looked weird with the edit I did :)

Photo 3

Beckys edit1-2 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr

Thanks Becky, they're great. A little too saturated and contrasty for my taste, but I think somewhere in between would make them perfect. I have lightroom3, but have no clue how to use it for anything more than batching photos. Therefore I use Photoshop cs5. I HAVE to learn how to use lightroom.

See I'm opposite of ya! I understand lighroom pretty well but god I struggle with cs5. Lol! But I'm learning slowly but surely !

Most reactions

Back