CLS - I'm impressed

Gah totally forgot about that.

/Edit: Wait you'd lose it anyway since the Infrared Aid doesn't work with CLS if I recall

Now you've got me wondering. I'll check it out tonight but I believe that the IR focus aid does work when the 600 is in remote mode.

I had a play with this too. My SB-800 / D200 combo definitely does not engage the IR aid through CLS.

My thought is that since CLS is programmed and triggered by the camera flash that a flash would be necessary to enable the aid.

Does the 600 do this differently?

I had a play with this too. My SB-800 / D200 combo definitely does not engage the IR aid through CLS.

My thought is that since CLS is programmed and triggered by the camera flash that a flash would be necessary to enable the aid.

I completely forgot to check it out last night.

You are correct. I had seen the "Auxiliary Ready" lights, not the Focus Aid lights. Unfortunately, turning the flash backwards doesn't help outdoors. Apparently, the angle is bad and, in all cases, a wall or ceiling is necessary. Fortunately, I'm OK with this. Thanks for the thought.

No worries. It would still look dodgy, I'm not sure about the SB-600 but the SB-800 lights up the green backlight and red ready light after it triggers. I guess it would reduce the need to say here look at the birdy :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back