TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
these r straight out of the cam...

3463984302_5ac9657673.jpg

3463168791_05a6e39ccb.jpg

thank you!

hehe, you know... i dunno... i kind of like the 2nd one. The eye is really sharp and it looks kind of menacing. It's an interesting perspective.

I think I might try to brush out the fur on the front of the cat before the pic (assuming the cat won't eat you for trying that)... the curlier messier fur is kinda distracting.

I think the first one is a bit overexposed and the color balance is off a bit. They could both use a sharpening pass.

You know I bet a bit of a saturation pop or adjustment on that eye might be pretty cool.

A great example of the old-style Persian... before the breeders pushed the face in to vulgar -- and unhealthy -- extremes. I like the second one, and I think the cropping is kind of interesting.

manaheim, what did u mean by sharpening pass?

thanks for all the feed back. and yes the white balance is off there...always when i shoot in my parents room, something about how the flash bounces off the pinkish walls, hes anything thats white and makes it pink too :S so weird.

yes this is a Persian. beautiful cats. and the weaves in his fur are cuz he licks it there all the time hehe. i htink it looks cool. :D

Very interesting shots! I like the use of the shallow DOF and the texture you got in the focal points. I actually like the first's composition a lot, even with the blown out upper corner (which kind of makes it for me). I think the eyes pointing towards the bottom of the frame make it more interesting to me rather than the sideways glance of the second. Good to see some interesting cat shots!

manaheim, what did u mean by sharpening pass?

thanks for all the feed back. and yes the white balance is off there...always when i shoot in my parents room, something about how the flash bounces off the pinkish walls, hes anything thats white and makes it pink too :S so weird.

yes this is a Persian. beautiful cats. and the weaves in his fur are cuz he licks it there all the time hehe. i htink it looks cool. :D

White balance can be fixed in photoshop or other appropriate tools.

Sharpening pass=sharpen the image. Tools like photoshop have such capabilities. Unsharp mask, smart sharpen, etc. In Photoshop 75-100%, .8-1.2 pixels, threshold 2 or so should do you nicely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back