What's new

Coast x2

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
11
Just a couple i took through the week

lighthouse-14small.jpg



lighthousefsmall.jpg


thanks for looking
 
I love those. the first one is better, I like more foreground.

Do you use a very wide lens?
 
Perch Rock - great shots, I took some there last year and nearly got cut off by the tide.

You should try and get some Martin Parr type shots over the next bank holiday weekend - see what you come up with! ;)
 
Rachel - Thanks, yes i used a 10-22mm wide angle lens. Theyr'e both cropped a little too.

Tempra - Heh, you recognised it... i had no idea that's what it's called. I saw it in the film Across the Universe and thought it might be a good location to photograph. Would probably look good in more stormy weather.

Thanks Anty
 
Tempra - Heh, you recognised it... i had no idea that's what it's called. I saw it in the film Across the Universe and thought it might be a good location to photograph. Would probably look good in more stormy weather.

You've given me an idea, I'm up that way next weekend for a wedding, if there's enough time on the Sunday, I might convince the family to go to New Brighton for the afternoon - a little bit of a retro shoot maybe. :thumbup:
 
Looks like you got a perfect day for it. Really nice on both. I like on the second one how it looks like the clouds are almost originating from the lighthouse. Really cool rust colors in the water on the first.

Just great shots... both of them. Thanks for sharing them.
 
Fanstastic.
How long were your exposures?

Dani.
 
thanks for all the comments

Danir - I can't remember what the exposure was, but it should be on the EXIF data if you can access that. Also I tweaked the exposure on the raw file afterwards

I thought i would add this image from the same batch, rather than start a new thread

lighthouse-23small.jpg
 
Great shots John :thumbup:... im guessing you used cokin ND grads?, good job.
 
Great shots John :thumbup:... im guessing you used cokin ND grads?, good job.

thnks Arch

I had to add the grad filter later on in photoshop.

might have to buy an ND grad next pay-day. I really should have one in my kit
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom