No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Three more from Death Valley.

cc400r1298.jpg

cc600-1206.jpg

cc400-1256.jpg

Anything- good, bad, and of course, we've already covered indifferent :) .

I like them all but I like 3 the most :)

nice shots, i like the colors in the first, and window shots like that are always fun. the structure is perfectly framed in the window, good eye. i always think that kind of shot is a prime candidate for an HDR to pull out some more detail on the inside of the building...

nice shots, i like the colors in the first, and window shots like that are always fun. the structure is perfectly framed in the window, good eye. i always think that kind of shot is a prime candidate for an HDR to pull out some more detail on the inside of the building...

Thanks!

I kind of screwed up the metering on the window shot. I've been shooting RAW and figured I could do just two exposures, except I took a reading out the window and didn't consider the wall, so I ended up with two shots, one with the outside properly exposed, and one over. The wall came out dark in both.

I think I messed up the exposure by, for some reason I can't remember, set the metering on center weighted. I've put it back to matrix since.

I'm trying to learn to overlay one exposure over another, it seems to eliminate the halo problem I have with HDR and microcontrasting. I got to find another window shot to see if I've learned from my mistake. At over two hundred miles from the house this qualifies as a 'stupid' mistake.

I may fool with the .JPG versions in HDR, but to this point I'm seeing it as, 'Nice save, but no cigar.'

i have yet to try any HDR, i have only layered as many as 3 separate shots. The problem i have with that is that even using a tripod, cable release, and bracketing the max number of exposures I can get is 3 before I have to touch the camera. even the slightest change makes a big difference when you try to layer one on top of the other. Although i've heard camera mfgs are starting to take this into consideration with custom bracketing allowing the photog to set how many exposures at which intervals.

Even AF changes the comp slightly, so i have learned the hardway to turn AF off when planning on building composites out of multiple shots.

Auto-focus and me have never gotten along too well. When I went from my nikon 990 to slr a couple years ago I turned it off after the second day. At least it was something I could turn that I could understand. It was only last august I started going to manual mode for everything. Never have figured out bracketing. Have hit that knob on accident a couple times and things go haywire.

Rather than developing more junk to confuse me I wish they would make a remote that would allow me to adjust aperture and shutter through it rather than fingering the camera. I haven't had too much bad luck, just got to be very careful and have everything really, really, really tight.

I'll figure it out eventually. I have to- my watercolor paintings suck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back