Greetings, from Texas-born Photographer: David

DLSwordSmith

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,
I just joined the Forum... Currently, my wife and I are in transition - living in Central Florida - but, we expect to move to the Tyler, TX area within 2 months.
I am a long time photographer - getting serious about photography in 2004, with my 1st "serious" camera - a Nikon D70. I was living, and working (full-time, year-round) in beautiful Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, CA. :icon_biggrin: Eventually, I became the #1 black bear photographer in the Valley and became well-known, in Yosemite, for being the "go-to" guy for recommendations on where to go, and when, for photography locations, in and around the Valley.

Then, life intervened, and I left Yosemite in 2007 - and was involved with photography... but not as seriously as I used to be. But - now, I am approaching retirement age. As my wife and I transition back to living in Texas, I am planning on becoming "serious" about photography again. From the proceeds of selling our house here, I am planning on acquiring a Nikon Z5 with a 24-200mm & 100-400mm lens, with a 1.4x teleconverter and other accessories. Looking forward to participating in the forum and getting "serious", about photography, once again!

Attachments

• Yosemite - Half Dome - Mountain Majesty.jpg
    Yosemite - Half Dome - Mountain Majesty.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 18
We retired to the Houston area, a great place for birds, especially water birds, during the spring and fall migrations. Not so great for wildlife, which is why we are planning a trip to Alaska next year. Welcome home. Like your choice of camera. Don't overlook used f-mount glass with the F to Z adapter. There are some great deals out there as many sell their dslrs and glass for mirrorless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back