Cockateel chicks

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Maybe I should be bolder than I feel and not always "hide" my photos in my most beloved "Themes" only.
A friend of mind had a nest full of parakeet, erm - no: cockateel chicks (four all in all) (thanks Duckie - others see next post) and I suggested I once take their pic. These are some of the outcome (meanwhile all have grown into big birds):

Birds_Nyphensittiche1.jpg

Churu, the eldest,

Birds_Nyphensittiche3.jpg

Kantay, No.2,

Birds_Nyphensittiche7.jpg

Asqui, the third and

Birds_Nyphensittiche8.jpg

Raku, the absolute chick.

This is their proud dad Toto:
Birds_Nyphensittiche5.jpg

These days, they all four of them look like him and have left that dinosaur-state of being ;).

Parakeet my bottom! They are cockateels. Gawd the little ones are ugly - and you are right - damn they look like dinosaurs. LMAO. Great series of shots mate.

(um.. you know there is a birds theme?? - j/k)

Ha, thanks for telling me that, Duckie ;).

And, well, erm, as to their names.......... I checked my dictionary from beginning to end and couldn't come up with anything better. Thanks for telling me they are cockateels. Will edit the title, if that is still possible. They are "Nymphensittiche" in my language --- no way I could have just GUESSED their English name, right?

Interesting pics and nicely done!
I think I prefer the first two but they're all cute little guys.

LOL. I only knew because my son has a yellow one. I will see if I can get a pic of it sometime to show you mate. Funny you know, I thought they were an native Australian bird (but I'm prolly wrong on that account).

I could ask my friend about it. She has made herself some kind of expert on these birds, which you have to do before you get the licence to breed them! (In Germany you can't do A THING without a test and a licence, you see, we are the Land of Rules and Regulations!).
The names are indigenous South American names, though, from Bolivia.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back