Code

Calliope said:
.letters not and words with stick to had I why That's .today issue brain major a having I'm - today me for hard too one's That. :mrgreen: .link the me sending for Thanks

.today off be to seems everyone...alignment of out be must planets the that think I

art photography most call to hard it find I.

Documentation just is it of most.

Memory a, and place a, time a.

Art defines that think don't I but, people in feeling a evoke pictures those of some.

Speak to so, 'creation' a button a pressing consider don't I. Creates who someone is artist an believe I. Artist an myself consider don't I because, art be to pictures my of any consider wouldn't i.

Photographer a just i'm. Art about know I do hell the what, all after. Argue won't I, though artist an me call to wants else someone if.

bace said:

Art defines that think don't I but, people in feeling a evoke pictures those of some.

Speak to so, 'creation' a button a pressing consider don't I. Creates who someone is artist an believe I. Artist an myself consider don't I because, art be to pictures my of any consider wouldn't i.

Photographer a just i'm. Art about know I do hell the what, all after. Argue won't I, though artist an me call to wants else someone if.

well said bace.

sorry Linda, as you know, i can't type forward more than a sentence...much less backwards. :blushing:

bace said:

Bace, as I think you know, my background is theatre. Now, granted, it's in design, which by your definition would be art, since I would (in theory) create a set or light plot out of thin air. But what about the director? He's not "creating" something in the sense that there was nothing there at first. He's merely taking, say, Shakespeares words and redressing them. Is that art? I suck at art, which is why I got out of that part of theatre--I consider myself pretty talentless in that aspect...I can't draw, I can't paint, I can't even sketch.

Photography, on the other hand, I flatter myself that I'm pretty good at. Am I creating something out of nothing? Yes and no. What I'm taking a picture of is already there; but, how I'm choosing to represent it, how I'm forcing you, the viewer, to look at it, the feelings that I'm (arguably) manipulating within you when you see it...that's where the art is. I'm using the lens the same way that picasso used his brush or Mozart used his batan...it's all in how you interpret the world, and how you choose to express it to others.

To me, the POINT of art is to evoke something in your audience; to make them think. If your photography causes someone to see something differently, forces them to reevaluate their set of beliefs, causes catharsis or a paradigm shift, I think you have done art.

Just my 2 cents worth. And my apologies Linda...I'm NOT going to retype this backwards :lol:

!!dog be I'll ... Well ...

.feel I like talk ya'll and so or hour an for gone I'm

?whack of out so everything makes that lately universe the in on going something there Is

! art about diddly know I like ... right yeah, ... pfft ... is art think I Mistress, art, is what for As.

:crazy: !Btw

jocose said:
Bace, as I think you know, my background is theatre. Now, granted, it's in design, which by your definition would be art, since I would (in theory) create a set or light plot out of thin air. But what about the director? He's not "creating" something in the sense that there was nothing there at first. He's merely taking, say, Shakespeares words and redressing them. Is that art? I suck at art, which is why I got out of that part of theatre--I consider myself pretty talentless in that aspect...I can't draw, I can't paint, I can't even sketch.

Photography, on the other hand, I flatter myself that I'm pretty good at. Am I creating something out of nothing? Yes and no. What I'm taking a picture of is already there; but, how I'm choosing to represent it, how I'm forcing you, the viewer, to look at it, the feelings that I'm (arguably) manipulating within you when you see it...that's where the art is. I'm using the lens the same way that picasso used his brush or Mozart used his batan...it's all in how you interpret the world, and how you choose to express it to others.

To me, the POINT of art is to evoke something in your audience; to make them think. If your photography causes someone to see something differently, forces them to reevaluate their set of beliefs, causes catharsis or a paradigm shift, I think you have done art.

Just my 2 cents worth. And my apologies Linda...I'm NOT going to retype this backwards :lol:

Can't be bothered to do the backwards thing anymore. Sorry.

Yeah, don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that photography CAN'T be art. I've looked at some pretty amazing thoughtful things. That can evoke some real emotions in me. But most of what defines photography is just eye candy. Pictures of people in a studio. Pictures of Landscapes that will never change not matter what angle you look at them.

I'm saying that most of my pictures, I wouldn't consider art. Maybe some great eye candy, but nothing truely thought prevoking.

!stuff deep enough Now .me to isn't others to art is what and others to isn't me to art is what .controversy some cause can therefore - viewer and creater the both to subjective very is art, before said i like, way either ".created" was that idea or emotion an it's - thing dimensional 2 a than more capture can photographer true a that jocose with agree i, however .captured memory a - documentation mere are photographs of lot a .point a to jocose and bace with agree I

:grumpy: !!!thread my ruining are guys You !Dammit: meant I

Calliope said:
:grumpy: !!!thread my ruining are guys You !Dammit: meant I

:biglaugh:

!Mistress funny, too that's

... eyecandy of speaking ... Now

Affleck Ben :boogie:

Pitt Brad :clap:

Mortensen Viggo :heart:

uniform in Men :salute:

Calendars Firefighter :drool:

:blushing: