Didereaux

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SF-28%2520tight%2520crop.jpg

Unfortunately the tower sort of blends into the background....

That was the point of the shot. honest it was! ;)

and I'll be dammed if I can figure out why I typed QUOIT instead of Coit. oldtimers apparently changes connections between brain and fingers. ;( and I never have figured out how to edit a thread title on this board.

No matter... I read 'Coit'! :lol: I like the sunrise view of Coit from around Pier 33/39 when you can get a pure blue sky behind it.

A little more detail as to how that shot came into being: So many gazillion pics of that tower that almost any new one is just trite. Then I noticed that almost none actually showed it in relation to most of the rest of the environment it is a part of, and also that it isn't some huge thing.
Maybe I succeeded, maybe not, but it certainly ain't trite!

What camera ?

Thanks. Ok, this explains it
I don't know the location, but seems like good idea, the reasons behind the shot.

like it. Feels old, unplanned, authentic. The top of the frame is busy enough to give it even more a unplanned feeling and a oddity. All these things behind these peoples back. Stack off setting the tower. Really a strange frame, even the mobile sign. Strange but strange in a really powerful way. A good way. I would say it was a genius of a photograph but would hate to see it go to your head.

Did i mention i like this.?

The scale of Coit Tower and it's location in the frame preclude it from being one of the the top 10 image elements in the frame.

The foreground of the image - people/fence/black boiler? - is the main point of interest.
The people are looking pit of the frame, and people tend to look towards where people in the frame are looking.
The fence makes a nicer strong leading line - again out of the frame to the right.

like it. Feels old, unplanned, authentic. The top of the frame is busy enough to give it even more a unplanned feeling and a oddity. All these things behind these peoples back. Stack off setting the tower. Really a strange frame, even the mobile sign. Strange but strange in a really powerful way. A good way. I would say it was a genius of a photograph but would hate to see it go to your head.

Did i mention i like this.?

THANK YOU! no chance of it going to my head as it is one of only a handful in 30yrs that did exactly what I wanted it to do. ;) ;) ;)

The scale of Coit Tower and it's location in the frame preclude it from being one of the the top 10 image elements in the frame.

The foreground of the image - people/fence/black boiler? - is the main point of interest.
The people are looking pit of the frame, and people tend to look towards where people in the frame are looking.
The fence makes a nicer strong leading line - again out of the frame to the right.

The tower is diminished in importance, not just by its scale in relation to the foreground, but more importantly by the people not noticing. Sort of epitomizes the general public wouldn't you say? They are sitting amidst over 150 years of history.

It's a wonderful shot. If you were aware of all the composition and lights...congratulation. If you were just lucky...well...congratulation anyway: luck is always necessary! Nice shot! Really nice shot!

nominated potm

Most reactions

New Topics

Back