Cokin ND filters

CmazzJK

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just wondering if anyone has any experience with the plastic graduated ND filter set from Cokin? They get good reviews on B&H and you can get them with the adapter ring for less than a hundred. I can't afford a Lee kit right now. Is it worth it?

I use them and have had great results. That said, they scratch VERY easy. I've broken the filter holder and ordered another several times. Some of the graduated filters have a weird hue at the transition line. (mostly on the hard transition filters) If your budget fits the Cokin filter kits, definitely get it, but if you can swing it, I recommend the Lee filter kits hands down.

I use them and have had great results. That said, they scratch VERY easy. I've broken the filter holder and ordered another several times. Some of the graduated filters have a weird hue at the transition line. (mostly on the hard transition filters) If your budget fits the Cokin filter kits, definitely get it, but if you can swing it, I recommend the Lee filter kits hands down.

Definitely. I can't speak to personal experience, but you get what you pay for. If you want to try ND filters, but don't want to spend a lot, get Cokin. If you want a product that will last forever unless you break it... buy into the LEEK system [emoji106]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I went Lee, building my kit a bit at a time, because I learned that most other ND filters have a slight color cast. I purchased the holders and adapters here:

FilterDude - Affordable Photography Accessories

Significantly less expensive than a Lee Foundation Kit, high quality and works perfectly with Lee filters.

For clarity, The Filter Dude does not sell filters, just the hardware to fit them to your lens.

Gary

I went Lee, building my kit a bit at a time, because I learned that most other ND filters have a slight color cast. I purchased the holders and adapters here:

FilterDude - Affordable Photography Accessories

Significantly less expensive than a Lee Foundation Kit, high quality and works perfectly with Lee filters.

For clarity, The Filter Dude does not sell filters, just the hardware to fit them to your lens.

Gary
This is going to be my route with the Filterdude hardware and Cokin Soft GNDs with long term Lee sGNDs when I can afford them.

Also, one of the reasons LEE filters are so pricy is that they are hand dipped. The GND's (soft and hard) are all done by hand. You don't get that kind of hand-made quality and perfection with Cokin. YouTube it, it's actually really neat [emoji106]

Anyone have experience with the Chinese made Haida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back