Which ND filter will I need?

woahruben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

I use an analog Polaroid Big Shot camera. It has an f24 lens on the lightest setting and an f55 on the darkest. It has a fixed shutter speed of 1/52. This camera can also only be used with a MagiCube (flash).

Now I have a question. This camera is set for ISO 80-100 pack film, which was produced until 2016. Now I have a large stache of Fuji FP-3000B black and white film with an iso of 3000. I would like to shoot this in this Big Shot, only of course I risk that the exposure is not good since it is set to ISO 100.

That's why I wanted to use an ND filter, but I'm really a layman when it comes to ND filters or f-stop compensation. What kind of ND filter would I need to shoot ISO 3000 in a camera that uses ISO 100?

Regards.

Attachments

• polaroid-big-shot_021.jpg
    polaroid-big-shot_021.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2

RAZKY

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

I use an analog Polaroid Big Shot camera. It has an f24 lens on the lightest setting and an f55 on the darkest. It has a fixed shutter speed of 1/52. This camera can also only be used with a MagiCube (flash).

Now I have a question. This camera is set for ISO 80-100 pack film, which was produced until 2016. Now I have a large stache of Fuji FP-3000B black and white film with an iso of 3000. I would like to shoot this in this Big Shot, only of course I risk that the exposure is not good since it is set to ISO 100.

That's why I wanted to use an ND filter, but I'm really a layman when it comes to ND filters or f-stop compensation. What kind of ND filter would I need to shoot ISO 3000 in a camera that uses ISO 100?

Regards.
There are five stops from ISO 100 to 3200 - ought to be close enough.

webestang64

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
You can buy a ND filter that has a 2-8 stop control. Test at 5 stops, can then go to 4 or 6 stops depending on test.

Most reactions

New Topics