What's new

Cold Water

hvardaman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Bend, Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to get this moving water look for quite some time now. Any tips?
DSC_0769.jpg
DSC_0769.jpg
 
ND Filter maybe? Allows for longer exposures than usually possible during the day I believe. I would wait until someone qualified answers though. :lol:
I have been wanting to do this as well. I will have to try this out. :thumbup:

BTW: I'm not sure if that is your photo or not, but I think that it is against forum rules to post someone's photos that aren't your own.
 
Put the camera is shutter speed priority and slow it down as much as you can without over exposing. A filter can help here too.
 
ND Filter maybe? Allows for longer exposures than usually possible during the day I believe. I would wait until someone qualified answers though. :lol:
I have been wanting to do this as well. I will have to try this out. :thumbup:

BTW: I'm not sure if that is your photo or not, but I think that it is against forum rules to post someone's photos that aren't your own.

Yes, I do still need an ND filter which should help a lot. And yes, this IS my picture, so I guess I will take that as a compliment?
 
I'm just getting started in photography, but I just wanted to compliment not only the moving water in this picture, but the composition as well. The water looks softer as you look in the foreground, in contrast to the background which looks a little sharped. I can't really think of anything you could do to make it better, as I am not a professional, aside from maybe cropping just a little bit of the foreground.. Overall, great picture!
 
Long shutterspeed, small aperture an your lowest iso. A tripod is a must.
 
I would title this photo, Misty Cold Water.

I love it as is, I would be interested to see what effect the ND filter would have on such a shot.
 
Shot looks pretty good to me. The ND filter will help with longer shutter speeds especially when you have much more light around.
 
Nice shot, that background is what strikes me, looks like a cool winter wonderland, great shot
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom