Collecting Old Film

Score.

+20 rolls Agfa RSX II 50 (120).
+25 sheets 8x10 Kodak Ultratec (copy film, I shoot it at ISO 6), cut down into 4x5 sheets.

You didn't say whether you were selling it or not.

I WANT TO BUY YOUR FILM.

please please please sell me some.

I sent a private message.

Nice find on the copy film, that's why I had the 35mm rolls. Nice high contrast images. :wink:

:wav:

I just landed 3 unopened 25 sheet boxes of Super XX in 4x5. 1980's exp date. The boxes look new!!!!!!!!

damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

You almost had some competition on those, at the last minute I didn't press the button, if it had been 8x10 on the other hand... :)

+100 feet of Panatomic X. Oh my god.

+10 rolls Agfa Optima 100 (120)

It's amazing what you find in the freezer under the veg...
A roll of 120 Panatomic-X Professional (Exp date 1987)
A roll of 120 Agfacolor N 80L Professional (Exp date 1983)
100m 35mm Kodalith (Exp 1986)
25 sheets 5x4 Agfacolor 80S (Exp illegible)
I've got some single sheet 5x4 Polaroid somewhere.
And a carton of Kodak quarter plate B&W on glass from circa 1950...
Stay tuned. I've probably got more museum pieces somewhere.

now, i had to check the freezer as well,

have 2 rolls of 100ft. agfa 100 expiration date 2002, has been frozen since i got it in 2001.

anyone interested.

may have some 120 color stuff, will get back with the specifics

It's amazing what you find in the freezer under the veg...
A roll of 120 Panatomic-X Professional (Exp date 1987)
A roll of 120 Agfacolor N 80L Professional (Exp date 1983)
100m 35mm Kodalith (Exp 1986)
25 sheets 5x4 Agfacolor 80S (Exp illegible)
I've got some single sheet 5x4 Polaroid somewhere.
And a carton of Kodak quarter plate B&W on glass from circa 1950...
Stay tuned. I've probably got more museum pieces somewhere.

I'm sure you know as much or more than me...after all, it is your film. In case you're interested, here's what I know about your film. The PanX is still good, though may have to up the exposure closer to ASA 25. The agfacolor probably has a pronounced color shift...I'd shoot it soon. The kodalith will last forever...I just bought a few rolls of Ektagraphic, which is Kodalith, but they kept making it for some reason even after they dropped Kodalith (I dunno why since it's the same emulsion). The polaroid is useless. I'm sure the chemicals have dried up by now.

now, i had to check the freezer as well,

have 2 rolls of 100ft. agfa 100 expiration date 2002, has been frozen since i got it in 2001.

anyone interested.

may have some 120 color stuff, will get back with the specifics

I'd be interested, but you'd have to cut a really good deal. There are a number of Buy It Now sellers on eBay selling 100' bulk rolls of APX 100 and 400 for about $25....

I may be interested in the color stuff, depending on what it is.

Score again.

+ 4 rolls Ektagraphic, 35mm (Kodalith)
+ 25 Sheets 4x5 unopened, freezer kept RSX 50
+ 25 Sheets 4x5 unopened, freezer kept RSX 100

The agfacolor probably has a pronounced color shift.

It's 80L. The L and S suffixes on Agfacolor Professional denoted Long and Short. Long was for long exposures and was balanced for tungsten. Short was for daylight. I seem to remember that the S was ISO100...
The colour balance goes quite quickly on both unless kept below -2C. I don't think it's been frozen the whole time. In any event the balance will have gone so I will just keep it as a souvenir. (I usually shot Ektachrome 64.)
The Pan-X will have fog problems. Slow fine grain films tend to suffer from age fog worse than faster films. Because they are normally processed by physical development to retain fine grain the D-max is lower so the fog is more intrusive.
Again, I'll just keep it as museum piece.
I think I have a roll of E4 colour infra-red too (circa 1976)
The Polaroid is still OK - though you have to extend the dev times a bit. I can't remember the actual type but it's B&W and produces a 5x4 neg too.

i checked the freezer, the 120 color film , i think is still on the market, altho, i have had it awhile.
also , a few other black and white 120 films still in production but outdated.

i found a couple of rolls of agfa 25 and 100 both 120 film 2005 and 2002 dates
1 pack of time zero film 11/06, which is still ok , and will manipulate
and some other stuff that is outdated, but still in production.

i do have a 100 feet of tec pan at the lab, but heaven only knows about it's condition as it was given to me with some darkroom equipment.

what do you do with this film? even under great conditions some must be fogged.

What do I do with the film? Shoot it! Bulk rolls are easier to work with than single rolls because it's easier to test. For high contrast, low ISO films I usually opt for development in dilute HC-110, especially when it's orthochromatic and I can develop by inspection.

good to hear your using it for making images

Most reactions

Back