Collections

omg… it’s ridiculous lol… i have horrible GAS… i know 🙈 i have no legitimate excuse other than i absolutely love film cameras… i obviously can’t use ALL of them all the time… but i honestly use MOST of them quite often… sitting on my shelves… mixed in with my books & my vinyls… it honestly doesn’t look like that much… but when you type it all out it honestly looks kind of obscene lol… some people love photography… some people love gear… i honestly love both… i used to be in a bit of an existential crisis about photography vs gear… real photographers don’t care about gear, right?… but i love both… & i used to feel guilty about that… but it’s okay to love the art of & the process of photography AND love the history & cultural significance & craftsmanship of a beautifully engineered camera… it feels excessive at times but i’m okay with it lol… having said that i definitely don’t need any more cameras 😂

Unless it impedes your daily functioning, just go to IKEA and buy some more storage space.

my dad was a photographer in the navy & was an off again on again amateur photographer while i was growing up… we had a dark room in the basement of my childhood home… but he’s 78 & he doesn’t take photos anymore… but he knows how much i love it & he’s given me basically all of his cameras that he’s had throughout the years as well… plus boxes & boxes of his old photos… unfortunately he didn’t store the cameras properly or take very good care of them in his later years… needless to say they’re a little funky… some are unrepairable… some need new seals, all definitely need cla’ed… but i keep all of his stuff on display in my office at work more as sentimental objects & to kind of honor him… so i also have his…

~ Pentax Spotmatic
~ Contax RTS
~ Contax 139 Q
~ Pentax ME Super
~ Graflex Speed Graphic
~ plus a half dozen or so lenses

plus my mom was an insurance agent & i also have her state farm issued polaroid sun 600 that she had with her at all times through the 1980’s lol

i keep all of these on display… away from my cameras that i use & hoard lol… don’t want any cross contamination… but i also want to proudly display these family treasures

Last edited:
A tiny part of the collection.......

wow… you just crushed any feelings i had of owning too many cameras 😂 … man that’s an amazing collection… i’m in awe lol

Thanks, I get most from customers at the many photo lab/stores I have worked at since 1985. Just this last year I've gotten about 30 cameras but also I collect 8mm and 16mm movie cameras/projectors. We do not resell any of those so the salespeople give them to me instead of going in a landfill.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back