Collided

wackii

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just starting to mess around w/ water drop... C&Cs are welcome.
$water drop - lnp resized.jpg

Edit: added more contrast as suggested
$water drop - lnp edit resize.jpg

Al,

Last edited:
Nice starting attempt. What was your setup for this if you don't mind me asking?

Underexposed and not enough contrast IMO

Nice starting attempt. What was your setup for this if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. I took this using my Nikon D7100 with telephoto lens (Sigma 50-500mm) and 3 flashes. I am still playing around of where to position my flashes to get the best light. Camera is on tripod of course using wireless remote trigger, same with the flashes. I pre-focus where the drop will land then switch to manual focus. I build a very simple stand ($3 wood in Home Depot) and the fish tank Airline Connectors Kit to control the rate of the water drops. Since I don't have any fancy trigger/delay drip kit, I just take lots of pictures. I got a few collision like this. Some water drop images are quite pretty but no collision. I spent about $12 on the materials including the milk :)

Al,

Underexposed and not enough contrast IMO

Thanks for the comment. I did add a little more contrast and agreed that it looks better. I attached to my original pos for comparison.

Al,

Wow Nice effect you got.I actually thought it was ceramic or glass ornament at first glance.Nice job

Pretty cool!

Thanks. I took this using my Nikon D7100 with telephoto lens (Sigma 50-500mm) and 3 flashes. I am still playing around of where to position my flashes to get the best light. Camera is on tripod of course using wireless remote trigger, same with the flashes. I pre-focus where the drop will land then switch to manual focus. I build a very simple stand ($3 wood in Home Depot) and the fish tank Airline Connectors Kit to control the rate of the water drops. Since I don't have any fancy trigger/delay drip kit, I just take lots of pictures. I got a few collision like this. Some water drop images are quite pretty but no collision. I spent about $12 on the materials including the milk :)

Al,

Thanks for that. I have been meaning to try water drops but have been looking into a cheap auto drop setup so that I didn't need to manually drop them. This has really made me want to get something this weekend

Most reactions

Back