Color accurate Camera for Car photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a conflict in your earlier post that I still don;t understand. "As to how I know it's correct, it depends on the degree of accuracy I need. For every day stuff I use my eyes. For more precise work, I use a Colorchecker. It's important to note that before you set the WB you should adjust the exposure to a full histogram (Not blown or underexposed). Once you set the WB then set the White point and Black point."

The reason you set the exposure "before" the WB is that the brightness of the image will affect the Whites and to some degree the Blacks and colors in an image. For Example in this first composite the original on the left, and with the WB set in LR on the right. If you sample the white in the center of the original image, you get an RGB of 224.226.233. Sampling the white in the same spot on the image with WB corrected using the eyedropper you get 213.211.203, better but not pure white. Now sample the purple in the top right petal on the original you get an RGB of 132.33.156, while the same spot on the WB corrected side you get 154.23.163, so not only did your whites shift but you colors did as well.
composit 1.jpg

Now what happens if your image is if you bring the original down by a full stop. In this example sampling the white in the same spot, the original has an RGB of 169.171.176 and the purple in the same spot has an RGB of 109.60.128. Sampling the one on the right in the same spots for WB corrected image has a white RGB of 178.178.175, and a purple of 116.65.128.
composit 2.jpg

Finally lets go up a full stop from the original. Now when we sample the white on the left we get an RGB of 248.250.244, and a purple of 184.109.208, while on the side of the LR corrected WB we get for white 248.245.244 and for purple 203.126.210

composi3.jpg

Now do you see how dramatically colors can shift when trying to establish a WB correction????? That's why it's important to first set the exposure before you set the WB.

The guy is still looking for what doesn’t exist, a camera the “sees” exactly what he thinks his eyes see.

This WAS an interesting thread, until it got hijacked by a couple of uncaring individuals!

If I am one of those I sincerely apologize and the mods can remove any uncaring posts.
Not at all, Rick. Your comments have been on subject!

You always have to manage the white balance/color balance between raw file and output.

If you need really accurate colors, then you can use Photoshop to recolor or balance color for your car photo. You know that photoshop editing helps you to come up with a better photo color correction service and gives you a better result.

Hey im really tired.

Im looking for a Camera that gives me Most accurate colors.

Im so tired of Reading and trying around, idont have words for that. I try for years for a solution.

We using CRI95 flouriscent Lights with 6500k and varoius LED Lights, also Hensel Studio flashes.

We try Colorchecker Digital with Xrite Software, Basiccolor Input, Lumariver.

We try different Cameras over years (5D MKII, 5Ds R, EOS R, Sony A7III) and now i buyed a EOS R5, hoping Standard Camera Profile for ACR was good enough to get good colors.

But at least i See better and more accurate colors from my Pixel Phone Camera.

Sometimes its Not even near the Color that i See in Front of me.

I dont want to Spend 20k for a Hasselblad or Something when my Phone can do a better Job.

Any ideas?

Look at the Brown from Interieur. On left Side R5, right EOS R both RAW with ACR (Camera Standard), with Exterieur taken with Google Pixel, Color real accurate.
Well the car looks yellow to me! I think many people get so wrapped up in wanting perfection they lose sight of where they really are.

Well the car looks yellow to me! I think many people get so wrapped up in wanting perfection they lose sight of where they really are.
Locking this zombie. OP hasn't been here for over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back