color cast issue

shingfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
if my photo has a slight yellow cast....how do i remove it and make the picture's color balance right?.....how do i know if my color balance is right? assuming that i'm color blind (of course i'm not...lol :lol: )....and how do i achieve that....

i saw from a tutorial on photoshop....i select a neutral point....look for the weighting of green/red/blue....adjust until all 3 numbers are the same.......but how do i "adjust" the 3 numbers?....with color level?

There are several methods to adjust the color balance in Photoshop. I don't know which is best or better than others. Sometimes I use 'levels' and adjust the three channels separately. Other times I use 'color balance'

Also, a lot of color cast has to do with the color temp of the light you are using...along with the film or white balance setting.

I shoot digital and I have the camera set to record the images in RAW. Then when I open/convert the RAW files...I can change the White Balance to anything I want...and effectively change or remove any color cast.

yes....i also love shooting in RAW....but when i'm adjusting the color balance.....how do i know if the color balance is right ?....i dont have good eyes....but when you adjust to color balance better...i cna tell the difference...if you know what i mean....so i'm trying to find a way to adjust the color balance without the need of a pair of good eyes (distinguish color)

Right and wrong are pretty strong words in the white balance business. If you have something that is actually pure white, then you can get an exact white balance. Otherwise settle for one that you like. Click different areas of your image with one or more of the WB pickers in the levels adjustment. You may like all kinds of different white balances. I definitely prefer adjusting white balance to any kind of fussing with colors individually. That can get pretty time consuming. White balance is far easier.

i'm using a Nikon.....with the Nikon capture NX software....is the automatic calculated white balance a good choice (from capture NX)?

If you are having that much problem with it, bring a grey or white card with you to your shoot. Photograph it under the same lighting as the rest of your pictures. Use this first frame to determine the WB for the rest of your photos.

well....i can use the auto calculate white balance on capture NX....it delivers pretty good result...but i'm just trying to learn more from you pros......

I wouldn't leave the computer to auto white balance for you. The main reason for shooting raw (at least for me) is that you want that control. At least give it a neutral source to sample from.

hmm...i see....i'll give it a shot to see how it turns out.....thx for the comment

Most reactions

Back