Color...or B+W? Shelby Cobra

lta_ollie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a local Cars and Coffee event the other weekend.

41640937801_27ee4c19cd_k.jpg
Cars_and_Coffee_Kapahulu_2018_04_22-3543 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

41640938971_d48093d613_k.jpg
Cars_and_Coffee_Kapahulu_2018_04_22-3541 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

Cool, though I don't think there is any right or wrong. We have a company in town that has been building these as replicas since the 70's. http://uniquemotorcars.com/photo-galleries Every spring they hold a gathering of owners. You would not believe how many turn out for this. The streets are packed with them

Not much difference, IMO

I prefer the colour image, and i think it's framed better also.

B&W for me too, it just looks better and more sleeker.

I like both. If it were the blue and white one, definitely color.

It should be obvious, but apparently it isn't; the color version has bunches more detail than the B&W version.

Color.

Actually, this time I prefer the monochrome.

I prefer the colour image, and i think it's framed better also.
Definitely agree and see that now. Seeing things like that make me realize how unsteady my hands are at times. Though I can't remember if I was doing a single shot or firing off 2-3 continuous ones.

I would choose the B&W ... mainly because the background objects become less intrusive.
I can see that. This event was a learning curve having just picked up a D610 and a 24-70mm f/2.8. So I'm focusing (so punny) on how to just get what I want to be in focus. I don't find the color version objects in the background to be distracting (to me) but I do like the less obvious nature of it in B+W. Thanks!
B&W for me too, it just looks better and more sleeker.
Thank you!
It should be obvious, but apparently it isn't; the color version has bunches more detail than the B&W version.

Color.
Yeah, the B+W was more of a, "hey, I have consecutive shots that are very similar, so I can do one in color and the next in b+w.." I think next time processing the exact same picture might still have the same detail, in this case, but just a different look.

I appreciate all the feedback/comments!

color. definitely color.

if nothing else, just for the red and blue hose connectors. seems like the owner did it that way for a reason. it looks cool as hell.

Color.
Yeah, the B+W was more of a, "hey, I have consecutive shots that are very similar, so I can do one in color and the next in b+w.." I think next time processing the exact same picture might still have the same detail, in this case, but just a different look.
As I understand; you changed the camera settings to capture only a B&W image. For what it's worth, you now see that your image processor will not capture the same amount of detail as it would if it were capturing a color image. Given that, I would never allow the camera to go to only B&W as the image would be seriously sub-par.

If you used the color image and converted it to monochrome in your editing software, what would that look like? Let's hope it works better than the camera gave you.

Next question: What camera did that?

As I understand; you changed the camera settings to capture only a B&W image. For what it's worth, you now see that your image processor will not capture the same amount of detail as it would if it were capturing a color image. Given that, I would never allow the camera to go to only B&W as the image would be seriously sub-par.

If you used the color image and converted it to monochrome in your editing software, what would that look like? Let's hope it works better than the camera gave you.

Next question: What camera did that?

No, I converted to b+w in lightroom. While shooting I was taking consecutive shots so I'd have 2-3 in a row from a single take. So I'd process the first one in color, and then choose one of the remaining as b+w (or vice versa). So what you are seeing is a color photo converted to b+w. What I was saying to try is next time process the same file in both color and b+w instead of choosing different ones.

Like the b&w slightly better. Nice conversion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back