Colorado Eastern Plains

kalgra

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a drive out east to scout some nice places for some night time photos. I didn't find much in the way of night shots but liked some of the scenery along the way.

This was a good landscape learning day. I made a few mistakes with all of these but I also learned from it so I guess that's good. C&C welcome.

Wind Turbines by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

Sunshine Showers by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

Windy Wheat Fields by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

So I'm sitting here at the airport waiting for my wife's flight to arrive and looking at number 2 it's seeming over cooked In the sky region. I think I need to revisit my editing on that one. Anyone one else ever spend too much time dinking around editing a picture and thinking you got it right only to step away for a few hours/days and come back to it and think "what the hell was I thinking?"

They look OK to me, tbh. I wouldn't say "over-cooked"

This is probably my least favorite part of the country but you've really seen something there I've overlooked. Great job!

I like number 3, the shadows really add to the photo!
If you are searching for night spots you might wanna try the paint mines, about an hour from Colorado Springs. Will head there soon too, wanna see if that would be a loaction to shoot the milky way.

So I'm sitting here at the airport waiting for my wife's flight to arrive and looking at number 2 it's seeming over cooked In the sky region. I think I need to revisit my editing on that one. Anyone one else ever spend too much time dinking around editing a picture and thinking you got it right only to step away for a few hours/days and come back to it and think "what the hell was I thinking?"

All the time. I agree about the sky in #2. Love the first shot.

Agree, sky is over-saturated. I wonder if perhaps doing it as a B&W might not be another way to show these plains.

kalgra.jpg

Last edited:
oh that's nice.

Yup - do it all the time and sometimes I am right. Most of the time it is from over-sharpening or having a bit too much contrast in it.

I don't think your #2 is overcooked, except maybe the sky is a bit too blue. It maybe that, if you processed it initially on a desktop with a calibrated monitor, then the laptop may not be the best place to make decisions about being "over-cooked".

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back