colorado mountain + sky (b&w conversion)

myopia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
335552916_4ae96aea1f_b.jpg

posted this is color a while back. i like this version better.

great shot, it works well in b&w. Neat cloud formations you've captured... :thumbup:

I really like the contrast between the sky and the mountain. How did you convert it to black and white? Did you just desaturate it, or did you use something like the channel mixer in Photoshop?

^^^
I agree, that is fantastic. Two thumbs up!

Must have missed the colour-version of this same photo up here but actually it seems like I haven't missed anything since I now see this really strong b&w version, and that is so good ... I don't need the colours.
Very strong contrasts, and these clouds are such strong elements of composition that I can only say "WOW!"

thanks everyone for the feedback.

How did you convert it to black and white? Did you just desaturate it, or did you use something like the channel mixer in Photoshop?

in photoshop: Mode- Image- Greyscale- then played with the contrast

something along those lines. i have not used PS in a while and I try not to use it at all. i like the idea of photography as not blending with graphic-design, but there is a time and a place for everything.

someone who knows what they are doing in PS, can u show/explain how to lighten the forground only? i want to see the trees as such; instead of blackness. i want this image perfect- for a friend wants to buy an enlarged print off of me and i dont want to rip him off

Most reactions

New Topics

Back